Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 bird/cat headlight bulb retainers (Read 491 times) previous topic - next topic

87-88 bird/cat headlight bulb retainers

does anyone have a few spares laying around?  or are these still available? I'm looking for 4 good ones. Thanks

Reply #1
I don't,but can in a week and a half.Let me know Tuesday after next because I'll be hitting the yard when I get back from California..
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
If you cannot find them at a local salvage yard, check at the local auto parts store in the section where they sell the headlights. I believe there is a common Ford one sold in the Motormite brand. Also, since it is a common part, look in any other Ford cars that use the single hi-lo 9004 bulbs in the headlamp housings.

Reply #3
The round things that the bulbs rotate into?
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 (currently parting out):cougarsmily:
1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3 (Project):ford:

Reply #4
Quote from: GREYSHADOW;289880
The round things that the bulbs rotate into?

yes sir. the black plastic retainer that holds the bulb in the housing.

Reply #5
I sell them at work about $4 each!

Reply #7
Quote from: 88turbo;289992
where do you work? lol

I manage an auto parts store!

Reply #8
$5+ shipping sound good if you can't find them locally? Should be a few bucks to ship.
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 (currently parting out):cougarsmily:
1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3 (Project):ford:

Reply #9
I found a stock pile of these in the local yard.  I can confirm that Rangers and F-150's use the same part.