Skip to main content
Topic: Tubular GT40 upper intake manifold. (Read 651 times) previous topic - next topic

Tubular GT40 upper intake manifold.

Yeah I want a tubular GT40 upper. I know it doesn't flow any better than the Explorer upper I have now but it just looks so  cool:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
Not a bad price for the polished one, so far anyway...lol.:bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #3
The polished will go way up.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Quote from: vinnietbird;288322
The polished will go way up.

I call over $550 for the final price....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
Call me crazy but I like the satin one better. Since nothing else under my hood is polished it would look silly. Plus polished aluminium is a beotch to keep clean.

Hell for $500 I could just buy the NOS FRPP one the Ford Racing dealer by me has. I'm trying to spend less because, well, I'm cheap I guess;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Best looking manifolds to ever see a 302 IMHO. I say go for it.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Quote from: V8Demon;288327
I call over $550 for the final price....

I'll second that emotion.Without the polish job they are wicked high.Personally,I like my Explorer intake (polished) better.It's all personal taste though.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #8
Saleen intake is by far the best 302 intake ever.

Reply #9
Saleen intake is by far the best 302 intake ever.
Im gonna have to go ahead and dis-agree with you on that one....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #10
Whatever,to each his own.

Reply #11
Looks like I should sell mine - looking at those prices. Mine's mint with Mustang cover and tmoss ported lower. I was going to bolt it on this week but brakes have given me issues.

I love the look of the vortech/saleen the most.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #12
MY intake is the best looking intake ever.If you don't believe me,just ask me,and I'll tell you.

Reply #13
I don't know which one is better looking but I just paid $800-$850 for this intake. These things are getting harder and harder to find. I believe I posted a pic of this before.

Reply #14
If it weren't for the fact it says Saleen in huge letters on it -- it would look nice.

Too many manufacturers screw up a good look on a product with huge logos....Tacky.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!