Skip to main content
Topic: She made me proud (Read 1373 times) previous topic - next topic

She made me proud

My Lady and her Lincoln made their first run together last night.  I don’t know who was more nervous  her or me?
I made a few passes to check out the car, ran strait, and is really consistent. And by consistent I mean consistently SLOW! It really doesn’t do much till about 35mph then it starts pulling.:burnout:

So after a few mid 10.5 runs at just shy of 70mph, in the 1/8th. I retired to the pits, and watched the other cars run. I kept poking at her to take the car out but she was nervous, and didn’t want to go. After about an hour of watching everybody else go, two random guys, the tech official, and myself convinced her to try. So out she went. The tech guy helped her stage and got her ready. At the time they were doing street race style starts, so they weren’t using the tree. So with an arm drop she was off! Squalled the tires and disappeared into the night. Next thing I knew she was pulling back to the staging lane saying she could do better. And that’s when I knew she was hooked! It was a proud day for me.
Now we need to work on reaction time and experience.  She needs more seat time, before we build it up faster.

She ended up running a 10.7, and a 10.5

She made me proud

Reply #1

She made me proud

Reply #2
faster than my sport! lol
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

She made me proud

Reply #3
SWEET!!!!! i gotta try that!!! my girl loves my car over hers cause the exhaust!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!