Skip to main content
Topic: Hiding engine bay wires... (Read 847 times) previous topic - next topic

Hiding engine bay wires...

Some of you fellas have unbelieveably clean engine bays.  How in the world are you guys hiding all the wires associated with a 5.0L EFI engine??  I'm cleaning up my bay as time allows...it's been steamed out but man, the WIRES are EVERYWHERE!!

Any tips are appreciated!!
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #1
I'm going to be hiding a bunch of mine as well.I'll be lengthening each wire bundle and running them between the inner fender and splash shield.I'm not going to hide everything,just a lot of it.Enough to clean up under the hood a little.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
not a fox but this is how I ran the wires on my maverick to hide them
same could apply to any car.Take your time if you have to cut any wires do them one at a time

:D the run under the alternator outside the engine bay and down the subframe rail
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #3
Ooh! Pretty!!

Yeah, I wish mine could look like that. I gutted most of my wiring and vacuum lines when I did the engine swap, and most of the rest are wrapped in "Better dead than Red" Plastic wire loom/shielding, but I have an ugly AC compressor and lines to contend with too.
Not to mention that it needs paint!
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #4
I just love the 5.0 truck intake sitting on that Maverick.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.