Skip to main content
Topic: My LX *Updated Pictures* (Read 1963 times) previous topic - next topic

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Here is a few snaps of my Bird there better quality too let me know what you think! thanks

and a couple of the local car show The Orange 85 GT is my fathers, and the black GT is a good friend of my dads

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #1
Awesome Bird! I like the new Thunderbird script on the decklid too!

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #2
Its Come a farrr way, Here are three pictures from the week i got the car last summer

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #3
Thanks! and i do too, it was my dads idea, i got it for christmas

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #4
Quote from: LXBird;287003
Thanks! and i do too, it was my dads idea, i got it for christmas

What a great gift! I have already thought of the idea of using the new script after I get the refinishing done to mine.

Well good to see you got your baby all better now!

Done anything special with the interior?

I would love to have an 87-88 model to supplement my 1984.

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #5
i put a pioneer deck in and another grand in audio in, other than that its bone stock, it would be a shame to touch the interior it is in show room condition and nothing is broke. after all it should be the car only has 73 000 Kms on it :hick:

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #6
Quote from: LXBird;287010
i put a pioneer deck in and another grand in audio in, other than that its bone stock, it would be a shame to touch the interior it is in show room condition and nothing is broke. after all it should be the car only has 73 000 Kms on it :hick:

Great to have a showroom condition interior with no broken parts. I washoping that it was showroom condition without changes or modifications!

My car is not going to be a pure to the tee restore, but a functional finished looking ride. I am mixing parts up here and there as I like them, for instance the 1983 four spoke wheel vs. the original "A" frame. Also, I am using the 1985-88 style column levers. I will be using 1980-82 stainless steel wheel covers. Another example, using the 1991 Taurus rotary panel for the HVAC and the Taurus interior dome lamp to replace the corroded original old fashioned chrome one. Some things are going to be added which were original options, like the courtesy lamps inside the rear quarter trim panels. I am also changing out my console switches so that they yield chrome instead of black buttons and s.

My car will also be going bodyside moldingless because it is impossible to find replacement moldings in good condition.

Oh yeah I also forgot to mention, I had a friend many many years back who had a 1988 like yours same blue and all except it was cursed with a funeral hearse dark blue "carriage top" overlay! That poor Bird!

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #7
nothing is wrong with adding a little personal touch to your car, sounds like its going to turn out pretty nice, i just didnt want to mess with what i had. sounds like your friend had quite the bird!

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #8
Great looking car.I like the script as well on the trunk lid.I've used one like that since the last body T-Birds were introduced some time ago.Much better than the stock piece.Again,good looking car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #9
+1 for the script on the trunk

I love the color of the car in combination with the rims

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #10
Love that bird man, wish I grabbed it when I had the chance....

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #11
it was a good find, but i gotta say i love your cougar too, its a nice looking machine

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #12
That car is very nice car, I really like the script on the back.  It fits the car so well.

Beautiful job.
Mike

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #13
Wow i just remember when  i saw first pics of you car    its pretty you doing a good job    by the way wich tailpipes are those and wich diameter?

what are the measurments of your  tires by the way?

My LX *Updated Pictures*

Reply #14
Nice work so far.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube