Skip to main content
Topic: New member...HOWDY (Read 1130 times) previous topic - next topic

New member...HOWDY

Hey everyone, wasn't sure where to post an introduction thread. So I figured I would start with the lounge.

Does this make me a lounge lizard?

Anyway, my Wife and I picked up an '87 T'bird sport the other night. Not a bad find, it's brick red metallic with red interior. The car has a few miles on it, but the AOD was recently rebuilt and the engine seems solid. So far we have added a K&N air filter and Flowmasters. I couldnt stand it, just love the way they sound. We have a pair of GT40 heads and GT40 intake for it. But that's it for the mods. I plan on this being my daily driver. Well, I may do underdrive pulleys... But I gotta stop there.

I'll post a few pics when I get a chance.

New member...HOWDY

Reply #2
welcome !!!!............looking forward to seeing those pics.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

New member...HOWDY

Reply #3
Welcome aboard
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

New member...HOWDY

Reply #4
Welcome aboard and yet another :birdsmily: has been brought back to our Forum folks. :D

Dan & Paula ;)

New member...HOWDY

Reply #5
Welcome to the greatest forum on earth!

New member...HOWDY

Reply #6
Welcome to the board!
1987 TC

New member...HOWDY

Reply #7
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I have worn out the search function already. Lots of great info here.

New member...HOWDY

Reply #9
welcome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

New member...HOWDY

Reply #10
Welcome, don't forget to check out coolcats.net for good information on the mustang H.O. conversion, and alot more indepth information on the forums.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

New member...HOWDY

Reply #11
Welcome..... pics a must man,... everyone will get on ya eventually
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

New member...HOWDY

Reply #12
Welcome to the boards :) you will find that here we share a great love for these cars. Enjoy your stay!

New member...HOWDY

Reply #13
Coolcats.net, I havent seen that one yet. I will check it out. Ok, I need to take some pictures to show the base line. Like I said, not planning to go crazy with the build. But... It's hard to stop when you're having fun. Besides, there is so much info here and the members cars are so cool I am feeling a bit inspired. My Wife has already rolled her eyes at me a few times. That just means I am doimg my job! Besides, it's my duty as a Husband to annoy the daylights out of her.