Skip to main content
Topic: as always,, too much Zucchini (Read 1210 times) previous topic - next topic

as always,, too much Zucchini

Well,
We grow food and again as always, you cant go wrong with Zucchini.

Problem is there are only so many things you can do.......
Zucchini bread
Zucchini slices deep fried
Zucchini chunks in soups

and today, the wife hit the jackpot.

dice it up, soak in lemon juice (just a little or whatever you think suits you)

move forward with your traditional super secret apple cobbler or pie.

Now imagine the wonderful taste and smell of an apple cobbler or pie in the oven.  This is an awsome addition to the list of things to do with Zucchini. 

Hope someone tries it, the lemon juice pretty much lends to the granny smith apple bite , the Zucchini itself holds its shape in chunks along with the same texture of apple and you dont even know its Zucchini.

hope it helps someone,, we are going to freeze a few pies and cobblers, along with all my diced and breaded slices, soups and such.

Reply #1
I love making stuffed zuccini boats with some of the nice large ones - mmmmmm.

Come to think of it, I bet it does make a good apple substitute.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #2
These crab cakes are pretty good for a change.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Connies-Zucchini-Crab-Cakes/Detail.aspx
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #4
Is it me or is JCassity starting to sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump?!
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Reply #5
zucchinin Casserole

Cute up a large zucchini into slices
1 large onion sliced
5-6 carrots sliced

Boil all until tender.

in bottom of baking dish put a box of prepared (stove top style) stuffing

Drain the veggies well. Then add 1 can of cream of chicken soup, and 8 oz of sour cream. Mix with veggies and pour on top of stuffing. Top with mozzerella cheese and bake for about 20 minutes at 350*

I have also added bite size pieces of precooked chiken  to the veggie mix before pouring into the casserole dish.

I'm actually making this for dinner tonight.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #6
My mom has made the pies and she also has a cake recipe for it...it does taste just like apple pie or apple cake...you can't tell the difference.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #7
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;285831
zucchinin Casserole

1 large onion sliced
5-6 carrots sliced

Boil all until tender.

Drain the veggies well. Then add 1 can of cream of chicken soup, and 8 oz of sour cream. Mix with veggies and pour on top of stuffing. Top with mozzerella cheese and bake for about 20 minutes at 350*

I have also added bite size pieces of precooked chiken  to the veggie mix before pouring into the casserole dish.

now that sounds like a good freezer addition!

the crab cake one does to , wife says it must be the old bay seasoning that makes it taste like crab.

Reply #8
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;285831
zucchinin Casserole

1 large onion sliced
5-6 carrots sliced

Boil all until tender.

we may be borrowing this for tonight ;)

Reply #9
, no zucchini this year....
But we have about a trillion cuspoogebers, anyone got some recipes for those?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
we have been over run with cuspoogebers and tomatos!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #12
Quote from: RoyLPita;285817
Is it me or is JCassity starting to sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump?!

I was only kidding about this.

The recipes on this thread look very appetizing.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Reply #13
Fried zucchini FTW. Anyone remember when Red Lobster had fried zucchini?  I used to order it every time I went.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)