Skip to main content
Topic: slowly getting the engine bay looking smooth (Read 3031 times) previous topic - next topic

slowly getting the engine bay looking smooth

Reply #15

Reply #16

Reply #17
If you look in the picture of engine bay you can see three cats all together! LOVE IT!

EDIT: The first picture of engine bay.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #18

Reply #19
[/IMG]

my black xr7

Reply #20
[/IMG]

Reply #21

my 1988 xr7

Reply #22
wanna see more pics got my facebook page. search for jamie dancy, grand forks nd

Reply #23
Looking great so far.I plan on getting the inner fenders done on mine as well when I get the temporary car here.I'm going to hide a bunch of wires as well.You've done some nice work.That last shot reminds me of how high the front of my Sport sat before I dropped it a little.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #24
I would ditch those afr's unless your dead set on them. Trick flows would really help that thing out.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #25
Quote from: Haystack;285776
I would ditch those afr's unless your dead set on them. Trick flows would really help that thing out.

For what reason exactly? I'd prefer the AFR's (165 or 185 depending on displacement) due to much increased efficiency and a wide torque curve.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #26
For what reason exactly? I'd prefer the AFR's (165 or 185 depending on displacement) due to much increased efficiency and a wide torque curve.

Either heads are great but i agree......

Looks really nice BTW,.....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #27
thanks, i got the 185 and man i goes. its got plenty of power for me and a sound that is out of this world, it should for the amount of money i got into it lol

Reply #28
I didn't realize it mentioned 347 in a title in one of your posts - perfect head for that combo. Do you mention cam somewhere on this site? A 347 with decent parts is about as good a combination one can have in a stock block since it already approaches the limits of the casting. No forced induction needed there! I'm sure the intake is a little limiting though.

I think the trick flow can have higher peak numbers though due to the insanely large valves for most setups.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #29
the cam is e303 ford racing, good cam, i chose the gt40 intake for its looks and its way better than the stock intake. roller rockers, this motor =has serious horse power. all naturally aspritated just like my ass