Skip to main content
Topic: headers, (Read 2770 times) previous topic - next topic

headers,

Reply #30
Well Chuck, I was being an ASS. Sorry. The Beer's on me if and when we meet.

headers,

Reply #31
Quote from: COLVINDESIGN;284546
so if I came up with a prototype that shows promise, you'd be interested?

I'm not in the 2.3T market anymore, but I'll give you my personal experience.

I bought a log header from 40Bob. I didn't buy it because it was the cheapest. I could have gone on ebay, bought a header "kit", with the header, downpipe, oil lines, etc, for the price I paid for the 40Bob header. The reason I went the route I did is because Bob's header is proven. He has been making them for years, people have be using them for years, proven power, proven durability, and proven customer service.

Same thing goes with the Precision SC50 I bought. I could have bought a MasterPower T3/T04E with nearly identical specs as the SC50 for 500. I spent nearly 900 on the SC50 for the guaranteed quality, and the guaranteed customer service. It's a good thing I did, I blew the turbo, and they repaired it under warranty for the cost of shipping. MasterPower wouldn't even answer their phone at that point.

I'll say that you're doing a good thing with trying to provide a good product for a cheap price, but in the TurboFord world, people either want stupid cheap/free, or something proven to work. The community is full of sheep as far as when someone says it's bad, EVERYBODY follows, so if you get one bad review, everybody trash talks the product.

Personally, if you want to be a long lasting vendor in the community, your best bet would to be to get a few prototypes made, and have them out on cars for durability testing, get some numbers, and some reviews. While your price isn't a lot, the economy being what it is, especially in a stingy market is going to make it very frustrating to make any sales.
It's Gumby's fault.

headers,

Reply #32
/End thread
331 stroker,rebuilt AOD,8.8 rear w/3.73 gears,dual exhaust..wallmart $20 flat back paint job :D

headers,

Reply #33
sorry, just been busy,

no real progress yet though.

Tbird232ci, well put. I do want to offer something that does offer improved performance and good quality. That's why I am looking at the Cast manifolds instead of the welded headers.