Skip to main content
Topic: headers, (Read 2771 times) previous topic - next topic

headers,

Reply #15
fighting with someone who knows what there talking about and telling them there wrong isn't going to get you anywhere. If you read it from a neutral state of mind, there is nothing but good advise in the post that seems to be bugging you.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

headers,

Reply #16
Quote from: Haystack;284277
fighting with someone who knows what there talking about and telling them there wrong isn't going to get you anywhere. If you read it from a neutral state of mind, there is nothing but good advise in the post that seems to be bugging you.

I'm not fighting nor am I being aggressive, I also never told him he was wrong.

Simply put, he said ante up and do it yourself, I did take offense to it as it implies I am trying to pass the cost on to the consumer because I don't want to pay for it myself. The truth is I can't. Am I telling him he's wrong because I can't follow his advice and pay for it all at once?

Yes, there is good advice, and I am trying to open the door to talk with Chuck. I believe the best place to do so is in PMs.

headers,

Reply #17
Quote from: COLVINDESIGN;284315
I'm not fighting nor am I being aggressive,

Maybe a better term would be stubborn?
Example:
Quote from: COLVINDESIGN;284212
I can't join Turboford right now because I use Hotmail.
There are PLENTY of other free e-mail accounts you could set up to remedy that and open the door to other potential customers...

Just a suggestion.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

headers,

Reply #18
You could also Email the admin over at Turboford and they can manually register you.  I had to do that since I have an AOL email account which they don't allow.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

headers,

Reply #19
Quote from: COLVINDESIGN;284315
Simply put, he said ante up and do it yourself, I did take offense to it as it implies I am trying to pass the cost on to the consumer because I don't want to pay for it myself. The truth is I can't. Am I telling him he's wrong because I can't follow his advice and pay for it all at once?

I don't see a difference. Whether you can't finance the project on your own because you don't have the capital to do so, or won't finance it because you don't want to risk the investment. Either way you are putting the start-up costs on the customer.

As another example, do a search on here or NATO for lowering springs and you will find hundreds of inquires of people wanting to know where they can be bought because most of the well known companies no longer make them specifically for our cars.
Several years ago I talked to Eibach and was told that they would do another production run of their discontinued spring set if I ordered 100 sets.
Like you, I just don't have the capital to purchase them and then sit on them and sell them a set at a time.
In a short amount of time I found enough people that were "interested" to cover 50% of the order needed but when it came down to people that were willing to actually commit to placing an order with their money it was less than 10%.
If I had the money, I would still order the 100 sets today because I feel that the demand is still there but there just aren't enough people willing to commit to it all at once.

All Chuck is trying to do is make you aware of the market that there is for these kinds of things and not to expect everyone to come running to buy one unless you have a working and successful product that is ready to ship.

What you are proposing sounds very promising and if you had a product that showed proof that it worked as advertised for the amount of money you are expecting it to sell for, I would be a customer. No offense, but I personally don't see how it could be prototyped, built, and imported for only $150.00 even without having it ceramic coated.

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

headers,

Reply #20
Quote from: V8Demon;284340
Maybe a better term would be stubborn?
Example:

There are PLENTY of other free e-mail accounts you could set up to remedy that and open the door to other potential customers...

Just a suggestion.

That's being stubborn?
I did email them and was told I can't use any "free" email service. So I'm not breaking my back to find a way to join another forum.

If I got a few people interested here I would know it would be worth looking into it more in other places as well. However if I don't get one person to even say their interested here, why bother?

headers,

Reply #21
Quote from: COLVINDESIGN;284417
That's being stubborn?
I did email them and was told I can't use any "free" email service. So I'm not breaking my back to find a way to join another forum.

You answered your own question with a resounding YES in my opinion.

Best of luck to you...
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

headers,

Reply #22
Quote from: BCA;284368
I don't see a difference. Whether you can't finance the project on your own because you don't have the capital to do so, or won't finance it because you don't want to risk the investment. Either way you are putting the start-up costs on the customer.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, I didn't deny having to pass the cost on. I did say I didn't like how I was told to just ante up the money to do it and I have no way of doing that.

As another example, do a search on here or NATO for lowering springs and you will find hundreds of inquires of people wanting to know where they can be bought because most of the well known companies no longer make them specifically for our cars.
Several years ago I talked to Eibach and was told that they would do another production run of their discontinued spring set if I ordered 100 sets.
Like you, I just don't have the capital to purchase them and then sit on them and sell them a set at a time.
In a short amount of time I found enough people that were "interested" to cover 50% of the order needed but when it came down to people that were willing to actually commit to placing an order with their money it was less than 10%.
If I had the money, I would still order the 100 sets today because I feel that the demand is still there but there just aren't enough people willing to commit to it all at once.
well I got to that point and went and asked if people would be willign to commit to buy. I agree, it would be a good investment, if you had the money.

All Chuck is trying to do is make you aware of the market that there is for these kinds of things and not to expect everyone to come running to buy one unless you have a working and successful product that is ready to ship.

I get that, and that could be a possibility in the near future.

What you are proposing sounds very promising and if you had a product that showed proof that it worked as advertised for the amount of money you are expecting it to sell for, I would be a customer. No offense, but I personally don't see how it could be prototyped, built, and imported for only $150.00 even without having it ceramic coated.

Brent

Well, sand casting is not that complicated a process. If you are going to get a prototype made, you need to be seriously looking to buy a certain number. I can meet that with my finances and with 25 people willing to buy at 150 each. It's a catch 22. I need to know people will buy before I commit to the prototype and people need to see the prototype working before they commit to buying.

I'll talk with the supplier, work on my design and see if a prototype can be made.

headers,

Reply #23
Quote from: V8Demon;284420
You answered your own question with a resounding YES in my opinion.

Best of luck to you...

ummm, ok. So someone else wrote in and was accepted, I wrote in and wasn't...... ok. Seriously, if it comes down to it, when I am ready to try to sell to more people, I'll work on getting another email to join over there. Actually I'd probably buy a domain name to start a website to push the product, then I could use my email through that site to join over there. Til then it's just not that serious.

If you call not beating my self up about not being able to join a forum to run a second test about Exhaust manifolds that I have not commited to have made yet, being stubborn.... fine. If I was so stubborn would I look into getting a prototype made after the suggestion from Chuck and others, which everyone assumes I am fighting with?

This thread is a test to see what interest there is. So far I have one person saying if I do it and make a prototype that is proven to make power he'd be interested to buy one at 150 dollars. Hardly overwhelming.

headers,

Reply #24
I Could go on for quite a bit.....

I'll just wish you the best of luck again instead. 

headers,

Reply #25
I wouldn't put a penny up on a product that doesn't exist yet.
It's Gumby's fault.

headers,

Reply #26
Quote from: V8Demon;284534
I Could go on for quite a bit.....

I'll just wish you the best of luck again instead. 

I can tell.

thanks.

headers,

Reply #27
Quote from: Tbird232ci;284543
I wouldn't put a penny up on a product that doesn't exist yet.

so if I came up with a prototype that shows promise, you'd be interested?

headers,

Reply #28
If you came up with a prototype and dyno tested against stock, I'm sure you'd gather a hell of a lot more interest.  I've been in your situation twice...but it never went through because of how difficult it was to get the start-up money.

Good luck,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

headers,

Reply #29
Quote from: Sick88Tbird;284557
If you came up with a prototype and dyno tested against stock, I'm sure you'd gather a hell of a lot more interest.  I've been in your situation twice...but it never went through because of how difficult it was to get the start-up money.

Good luck,
Don

werd.

Yeah I am pretty sure I can swing the prototype, and maybe pull a few favors to get some Dyno time. We'll see.