Skip to main content
Topic: K-member package questions. help needed (Read 1373 times) previous topic - next topic

K-member package questions. help needed

Hy
I have been thinking about what a hell should I do with my front suspension and I found a place like this. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Tubular-K-Member-Kits
I don´t really understand things like "with offset arms" <- where the offset goes or what is it good for?  What difference is delrin bushings and urethane bushings? which is better?

And is the K-member for street car too or is for drag cars?

Anyway would you help me out ? :o

Reply #1
The offset arms are part of a change to the stock suspension geometry.  You must install all the related parts in the package for them to work correctly.

Urethane and delrin bushings provide better handling than rubber bushings.  Urethane bushings squeek.  Get delrin if possible.

K-members - Maximum Motorsports for handling, other companies for drag racing.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
Ok thanks a lot! So the offset arms give me original geometry and others don´t ? Others give me more turning geometry or less?  But which do you recoment ?

Reply #3
Offset arms are used with offset K-member to improve geometry.  You cannot mix offset parts with stock parts (e.g. offset arms + stock K = bad).  Get either stock or offset as a package.

There might be a thread on cornercarvers.com, will try to find.  I've never used the offset so cannot comment from experience, but if I in your situation and ordering from the US, I would get the offset geometry package.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
I did mean the full offset package if offset, but I din´t understand what is it good for? like I understand then front tyres move foward engine moves 1 inch back and is this all for better weight balance and handling`? there is not much room for tyres to move front ?

Reply #5
Ah, sorry.  Yes the reason is for performance, not because of wheel clearance.

Here's one thread with some info
http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512&highlight=mustang+max+motorsports+offset+arm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Thank you t3skidoo a lot !!! now is time to work !

Reply #7
One more thing.  If shipping is an issue, getting the SN95 control arms. CC plates and coil-overs might be a better solution, especially if you plan more street driving vs. road racing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
thanks. I think shipping is not an issue as long as I dont know the shipping price :D thats gone be few hundred dollars. Deem I live in the wrong country. But I will be considering that. I´ll show you some pics one day