Skip to main content
Topic: How to Ruin a Cougar (Read 1877 times) previous topic - next topic

How to Ruin a Cougar

Parked behind this at Wal-Mart the other day. Didn't realize what it was until after I got a side view of it. :barf: Had to take a pic (camera phone, so quality is poor). Anyone else ever see such an abomination??? :crazy:
'87 Cougar LS V6 (stock) Daily Driver
'06 Lincoln LS V8

'12 F-150 SCrew FX4 5.0L
'80 Thunderbird V8 (mild 304) [sold to friend]

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #1
Do a search for Tiffany Coupe.

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #2
I've seen a few of them.With the phone pic,your Cougar looks about 3 feet longer than normal.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #4
WOW, didn't know there was such a following! $50-$60K brand new...in the mid 80's. Lot of $$$$. Thanks for the info!

So, you think I have a "stretch" LS, huh?  ;)
'87 Cougar LS V6 (stock) Daily Driver
'06 Lincoln LS V8

'12 F-150 SCrew FX4 5.0L
'80 Thunderbird V8 (mild 304) [sold to friend]

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #5
i have to admit ..that thing looks pretty cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1979 Mercury Cougar X R 7
White w/ Maroon Vynl Top
Maroon Interior
302 BIG HP IN PROGRESS

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #6
I saw one of those Tiffany's at PJ's auto in Clearwater,Fl.

Had no idea they shared the exact same interior as the cougars/thunderbirds.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #7
Everytime someone starts a thread about the Tiffany Classics I have to throw in my 2 cents and say I'd own one if I could.

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #8
oh yeah,... there the most expensive cat birds around!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #10
I would love one.
It's Gumby's fault.

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #11
Just saw one at a car show Sunday....  ONLY ONE IN THE COUNTRY LIKE IT!!! Well thats what the old guy thought, his got the sunroof but the rest got T-tops... I just said "really.....?"

They just took the k-member and threw it out infront of the core frame and extended the rails out. its crazy.
1986 Cougar LS

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #12
Did you stay parked there long enough for the owner to come walking back, and seeing it, realizing he/she had been busted, just for the look on their face?  I would have, lol. :mullet:
1987 TC

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #13
Quote from: HAVI;283137
Did you stay parked there long enough for the owner to come walking back, and seeing it, realizing he/she had been busted, just for the look on their face?  I would have, lol. :mullet:

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

Great side by side shot
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

How to Ruin a Cougar

Reply #14
Quote from: DVP;283135
Just saw one at a car show Sunday.... ONLY ONE IN THE COUNTRY LIKE IT!!! Well thats what the old guy thought, his got the sunroof but the rest got T-tops... I just said "really.....?"

he's probably talking about the stang conversions with the t-tops.