Skip to main content
Topic: Check out what I saw yesterday at lunch..... (Read 1671 times) previous topic - next topic

Check out what I saw yesterday at lunch.....

A Cadillac El Camino.....

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Wow! Now that's different! Looks like they did a good job with it. I went to the Summit Racing car show in Ohio a few years ago and someone did the same thing to a sixty something T-Bird. It looked cool too.

Reply #2
wow, you could stash a lot of bodies in the back of that thing. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Needs these

Once saw a Mark VI converted into a ranchero.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
Quote from: t3skidoo;282516
Needs these

Once saw a Mark VI converted into a ranchero.

I'm not real sure I'd want to be the driver when the duct tape lets go on this one.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

Reply #5
I really like that.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #6
I'm impressed! Quality workmanship.

Reply #7
It is possible to make a seamless 1977-79 Thunderbird Ranchero. Just put a Thunderbird front end clip on it. It bolts right on. You can detail the interior with Thunderbird specific door panels, dash trim and horn pad.

Back in 1989, I just about made that happen. I bought a 1977 Thunderbird front end clip. I had a 1977 Ranchero lined up to purchase but darned my luck would have it, the used car lot that was selling it got busted and shut down. I never did follow through on that though I thought about it many times over the years.

With all the interchangible front end parts throughout the 1970's mid-size Ford-Mercury lines you could create a number of phantom vehicles:

1977-79 Thunderbird Ranchero
1977-79 Thunderbird Wagon and Sedan
1977-79 Cougar Ranchero

Thunderbird or Cougar fastback using the 1972-73 Mercury Montego fastback body with a 1977-79 Thunderbird or Cougar front end clip.

The Cougar was already available from 1977-79 in four door sedans, and a 1977-only wagon. Of course the Cougar lines-up grew again in 1981 with sedans and wagons as a twin to the Ford Granada, all restyled Fairmonts.

Reply #8
You know I bet that was probably built by a coach builder that built hearses. It is called a flower car. They used to have the bed filled with flowers from the funeral and drove it behind the hearse.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
we had a fellow here in town that did at least 4 eldorado
'camino's. 1 for himself  and 3 for friends back in the early
80's. actually my friend who worked for him did all the work
and the owner painted them.

Reply #10
Quote from: Watchdevil;282530

1977-79 Thunderbird Ranchero
1977-79 Thunderbird Wagon and Sedan
1977-79 Cougar Ranchero

thunderbird wagons dont exsist.

Reply #11
There was a guy trying to sell an early 80's Olds Ninety-Eight converted to an el-camino type vehicle on our local classifieds for months and months. He wasn't even asking much (something like $2000) and it looked to be a good job as well. Had I had the extra money I might have looked at it, since I need a truck...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #12
that thing is hideous as are all personal pickups.

Reply #13
It would make a good parts hauler.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #14
Well yes it would, and i guess if you want a "classy" Personal pickup that would be it but i am just not much into personal pickups, they are like mullets business up front party in the back.