Skip to main content
Topic: tire rubbing wheel well (Read 1006 times) previous topic - next topic

tire rubbing wheel well

first...he's a picture of what the title states:

I noticed this while getting my front right tire plugged 2 days ago.  I had to turn the wheel all the way to the right and that's when I noticed the tire rubbing.

the tires are stock size:
225/60/r16s

the car is an '87 TC

here's a list of all the work the previous owner did to the car and I myself haven't done any work on the car besides an oil change.

Brakes - 18 months ago
Tires - maybe 3k on them
Walboro 255 fuel pump w/correct sock - 2 years ago
Gas tank- 2 years ago
Rack and pinion - 12 months ago same for the rest of front end parts
Ball joints
Control arm bushings
Sway bar end links
Alternator
Belts
Ignition switch -2 years ago
Clutch Pressure plate pilot bushing 4/10/09
Trans Mount
Rear main seal 4/10/09
Speedo driver gear 4/10/09
Speed sensor
PRC struts - came off a parts car that had receipt after accident 26k miles on them
AC converted to R134
Radiator - 2 yrs ago
Heater core - 2 yrs ago
New Ford headlights - 1 year ago

tire rubbing wheel well

Reply #1
I always thought that TCs had 15s on them. Not 16s
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

tire rubbing wheel well

Reply #2
Those are stock rims/tires for an 87-88 which is what that moulding is in the pic.  That plastic in the wheel well looks like it's not laid in correctly....looks bulged from where it goes from the fender into the sharp bend.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

tire rubbing wheel well

Reply #3
Quote from: V8Demon;282322
Those are stock rims/tires for an 87-88 which is what that moulding is in the pic.  That plastic in the wheel well looks like it's not laid in correctly....looks bulged from where it goes from the fender into the sharp bend.

Yep plastic wheel well is not connected to the fender correctly.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

tire rubbing wheel well

Reply #4
:rollin:  Demon-that is the funniest thing I've read all day!!

tire rubbing wheel well

Reply #5
thanks all.  I'll look into adjusting it next week when I have a day off work.