Skip to main content
Topic: Auto Climate Control LEDs Blinking (Read 827 times) previous topic - next topic

Auto Climate Control LEDs Blinking

I thought there was a thread about this years ago but maybe I'm not using the search feature deep enough.  I searched "blinking" in the Electrical forum.

Anyone battled the blinking orange LEDs in the auto climate control unit?  The LEDs that blink are the buttons I have selected.  The whole string of LEDs don't blink, only the ones I have selected.  The numbers blink too however they will change with whatever I set them at, but they will still blink.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #1
Hrmm...I don't remember the blinking amber LEDs on my old car, just the number display. Here's some troubleshooting stuff that may help:

http://www.coolcats.net/tech/troubleshooting/atc.html

At the very least you could perform the self-diagnostic test and see what that gets you. My gut instinct is that the ATC head unit is bad, but you never know, could just be something simple.

Reply #2
mine does this too but not all the time. I think I asked about it a while back but nobody had any answers.

quick scan of my codes brought up code 88. I will have to remember to do this when they flash again.

Reply #3
I also have this happening in my '87 TC...as stated..all the buttons pushed on the climate control blink....