Skip to main content
Topic: made a shifter (Read 1061 times) previous topic - next topic

made a shifter

Well, after 6 months of off and on again. This is the shifter that I came up with. I'm selling it though for $500. Solid aluminium 14.75" and handmade, hope y'all enjoy it.

Jason :burnout:
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

made a shifter

Reply #1
Nice work !!! $600.00? I was complaining when I spent less than $60 for my billet Hurst shifter.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

made a shifter

Reply #2
$500.....time(80 hours) and material. Billet AL is not cheap, it is a work of art. Price is some what nego.  though, cash is king.

Jason
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

made a shifter

Reply #3
Looks cool, I must say.

made a shifter

Reply #4
Impressive. That would look sweet in a ratrod. GL with the sale.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

made a shifter

Reply #5
Wow, just wow. Nice job!!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

made a shifter

Reply #6
Wow, your work speaks for itself! Nice work man!

made a shifter

Reply #7
Quote from: SR71TC;282173
$500.....time(80 hours) and material. Billet AL is not cheap, it is a work of art. Price is some what nego.  though, cash is king.

Jason

I agree with you.I was just making a point that I'm uber-cheap.LOL.It's a great piece of work.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

made a shifter

Reply #8
Quote from: vinnietbird;282221
I agree with you.I was just making a point that I'm uber-cheap.LOL.It's a great piece of work.

Speaking of uber-cheap.  I was watching the "living the low life" lowrider show the other day and they had gone to a swap meet and bought two things.

1.  A rear view mirror for a 40 something Chevy for $650.
2.  A original compass for a 40 something Chevy for $3,500.

They were happy to pay the price.

So 500-600 for a billet shifter is probably a bargain.  Definately will be a unique piece.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

made a shifter

Reply #9
That's some excellent work my man, you are true artist!

However, the thing is. yes i agree that shifter is worth $500 in this cirspoogestance..

the sad reality is you'll probably have to find a buyer for it elsewhere, like vinnie, everyone else on this board is cheap as well.

All in all good luck! and keep making billet stuff!

made a shifter

Reply #10
nice work man! now can you come back to pa to work on my ride lol
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

made a shifter

Reply #11
Badass shifter man! I hope you find someone to buy it.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

made a shifter

Reply #12
Yeah, you'd probably have better luck selling that to the hot rod crowd.

Absolutely stunning, though :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣