Skip to main content
Topic: who knows the exact date ? (Read 1316 times) previous topic - next topic

who knows the exact date ?

as the title says exact date the money was forked out for the car (s) you drive originally?  mine was bought on January 6th 1987 :D  amazing what the ownercard shows you.....

i have the entire velvety case with the original stuff from the factory in it....

Re: who knows the exact date ?

Reply #1
I don't know my car has a shady past. I got the carfax thing done on it and it says the first time it was titeld was in 10/07/93. With 88,000 miles on it. It came from Washington state. And was bought from an auction house then shipped here to Illinois.

Reply #2
heh i even have the sales rep's card man....Larry Youquelet of allen county motors

Reply #3
Well, I can see some Granadas, but no fox T-Birds...

Old Allen County Motors

Their website New Allen County Motors seems to be down, so maybe he didn't sell enough cars and they went out of business.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #4
purchased mine
February 12th 2004 i believe from a shady ring-dang-doo dealer from Philly on ebay.
looked like a pile of  when i got her, but its been fun giving her a makeover.

Reply #5
I bought my car on March 31st, 2003. The original owner bought it on April 28th, 1988 - it's a late year model...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
Bought my car September 9, 2001. The guy I bought it from works as a mechanic at a ford dealer so it was well maintained. I'm unsure of the history before him though. I know I'm atleast the 3rd owner of it. Built in October of 87 and as of November 1989, it had nearly 30,000 miles with brand new tires and needed a front end alignment (as marked with permanent marker on the drivers side strut tower). Seeing as the pass fender, door, and front bumper have been replaced, it was probably in some kind of accident about this time. I thought about doing the carfax thing but really don't care to. The car is perfectly legal and safe so it's history really won't change my feelings for it. That is unless somebody died behind the wheel causing the before mentioned accident. . . but I don't want to see if that could be the case.

Reply #7
What if your car was free? hehe

Reply #8
my car got a new ler in '91

Reply #9
I know I'm at least the third owner of the 5.0 TC. Don't have any of the orig paper work, but prev owner owned it approx 3 years... I got it in July '97 for $1215, performed the transplant in the fall of '99.

Know everything about the wifes '93 Grand Marquis, as my mom bought it new...

Also know the history of my '69 Cobra Jet, that I bought March 12 1973. Orignal owner bought it
Dec 22 '69 From Cavanaugh Ford, Salisburry MD as a left over(I have a photo copy of the original MD title). It was built in Oct '68, so it more or less had set around on the dealers lot for over a year... I talked with the orignal owner in '92(first and only time), after geting a title history from the state of VA(how I got the copy of the orig title). Learned some very interesting history... For instance, Wilson(orig owner) bought the car because the dealer had loaned it to him so he could go back home to the farm to work(had taken in a truck for some warrenty work). Salesman said, take that red one I think you'll like it.  Wilson said yea I liked it, and traded in a just paid off '66 Mustang. Interestingly Wilson was not a Hot Rod gear head, just average guy who happened to buy a 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed
Fairlane Cobra....

Best story about the Cobra is when Wilson went to look at some calves for the farm. He picked out two, and the owner asked when he would be back to get them. Wilson replied, ain't commin' back they are going with me. He then promptly pulled the back seat, stuffed it in the trunk, laid out some burlap bags, and loaded the calves in the Cobra.... Yea I know it sounds like a lie, but Wilson teaches at a Christian school in Salisbury and after talking with him a few minutes, I know he was tellin the truth...