Skip to main content
Topic: 88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration (Read 42541 times) previous topic - next topic

88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration

Reply #60
For vinnie: in europe we have only Celsius so if your regular degrees are Fahrenheit then it´s 5 Fahrenheits. Yeah I think it´s going to be quite good puzzle can´t wait to do the body work. :D

Reply #61
Looking good! Your bird looks pretty clean too, that helps. It really adds a lot of work when you have to deal with rust. You're making great progess, keep it up!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #62
thanks, I have been thinking the same thing about rust. I have been looking other restorations in this forum and looks like others have had much more work to do. When you could see my bird with your own eye then actually it looks even better then photos.
So it christmas time and I don´t think I will do some progress in this year with the car.

Reply #63
I said I won´t do no progress this year anymore but today I still took few hours and removed fuel tank. And like you see on the picture box with wiring that´s all thunderbird wiring.

Reply #64
maandy;  might try to locate a product called POR15  it is a product that converts
rust/stops rust.  Really a good product.

Nice work

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #65
Quote from: 5.8fastcat;303349
maandy;  might try to locate a product called POR15  it is a product that converts
rust/stops rust.  Really a good product.

Nice work

If you can't get it over there, there are a couple other products that are comparable to POR.

I also have a big box of wire like that. lol

These cars are real fun to work on. Good job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #66
Thanks, I will look around to get that product. Yes it is fun to work on it I´m totally enjoying it. There is nobody in Estonia who sells POR15 but our neighbors Finlands have. So I´ll be looking how can I get the staff here. Is there some other products from this POR15 what should I use?

Reply #67
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;293615
Looks like you got a major project going there! Good luck with it. Before you put the passenger side fender back on, you should take off that air intake silencer. The car breaths so much better without it, the engine sounds great without it too!!

Welcome to the forum!

Is he talking about the black box around the air cleaner? How does one remove it without letting the air filer flop around?

Reply #68
No he`s not talking about air cleaner box, he´s talking abot that pipe with air circulation box what´s inside the fender just before the air filter.

Reply #69
It´s a present from my wife cause I had a birthday and I thought you want to see it. I love it :rollin:

Reply #70
Awesome belt.Where did you find that?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #71
She bought regular belt with blank metal plate and let the jeweler do the logos and text.

Reply #73
Quote from: maandy;303381
Thanks, I will look around to get that product. Yes it is fun to work on it I´m totally enjoying it. There is nobody in Estonia who sells POR15 but our neighbors Finlands have. So I´ll be looking how can I get the staff here. Is there some other products from this POR15 what should I use?

I use Picklex-20 and Zero-Rust myself. I order it on the web, and it gets delivered to my door. I don't usually have time for shopping for products and materials. The ZR is easier to use  then the POR too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #74
Thanks daminc I´ll look around maybe we have zero-rust somewhere closer for me.