Skip to main content
Topic: 88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration (Read 42551 times) previous topic - next topic

88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration

Reply #45
Yes it is hard to get parts and I do my best of restoring that bird. Engine parts are easy to get just go to shop & make your order but bird body parts or something like that, it´s a total  nightmare. My friend owns a american car  center in Estonia & he is looking front fenders for me and even for him it´s nightmare. Thanks for thinking about me! If I can´t get parts anymore then I will come to US for parts and holidays then I hope to see some of you or get parts from you.

So today I went to shopping

Reply #46
And my bought a motor stand and I don´t know how it´s called in english. But what about car is I´m ordering both full quarter panels from us and both fenders too. All new so I tought I´m gona sandblast my underbody this winter.

Reply #47
Engine stand is about the best and only way to describe those ;). Your english is just fine. Sounds like you need front fenders like I do, I am having a hell of a time finding them as well. It always seems when I find one its rotten just like the one I need to replace! Keep at it man!

Reply #48
We call it an engine stand.Same thing.It looks just like mine....except mine is a lot more "used".LOL.Keep on going,you're doing great.I can't wait to see the finished car.What color will it be/
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #49
jep its hard to find those fenders but I found the shop where I can buy those things and I made order on both fenders and quarter panels. I just got a phone call and a guy who owns 88 t-bird 3,8 V6 called me and asked me if I´m intrested of buying it, so I´m thinking maybe I buy it too :D It must definately be BIG BLOCK drag car if I would build it.

Reply #50
nice car. it's is in better shape than mine was, i still need some floor pan work on mine.Good Luck and if you need anything let us know.
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #51
Thanks I will let you know

Reply #52
A few parts arrived from zinc bath today. All the parts future is going to be the same. I don´t have many pics right now but will be soon and by the way snow came down today here in Estonia. So some pics of parts before and now.

Reply #53
They look pretty good now, no more rust for those parts! I think we have a while before the snow shows up here but only time will tell. Keep at it man, I go crazy in the winter when I cant work on my cars (To lazy to fire up the wood burner in the shop).

Reply #54
Those came out nice, snowed here last night,2-3 inches
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #55
Jep I´m very pleased with them. Jep I know about cold garage I hate it too but I just love to work with the car so much that I even come and work in the cold garage for few hours.
I´m looking for a shop to rent or buy but there´s nothing out there. I hope to find something nice to open my own shop oneday, atleast it would be worth to try it out.

Reply #56
Hy it´s been long time since last time I posted here but I don´t have time to work with the car. So today I took some time to do some progress and removed wiring from engine room. So next time I hope to get the engine out and then it´s time for body work.

Kristen

Reply #57
Hy so it´s christmas time and I got some time to work with my car and I think it was last time for this year. Anyway I tried to remove fuel tank and bolts are rusted, so I spraid some rust killing oil on them. Next time hopefully get the tank out. It was so friggin cold that´s why I quit for today. Outside is -15Celsius. Some pictures from today.

Reply #58
What is -15 Celsius in regular degrees?Either way,it's cold.I can't wait to see this thing go back together.That will be quite the c,but I'll bet it turns out great.Good work so far.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #59
Some parts came from zinc so just to show you how nice those are.