Skip to main content
Topic: 88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration (Read 42065 times) previous topic - next topic

88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration

Hi , it´s a 88". I live in Estonia and this is 1 of 9 (87-88) birds in here.

Reply #1
Looks NICE man!!! :D The wheels are great. I definitely wouldnt think there are too many tbirds in Estonia. People must look everywhere you go. What's in the background in the shop picture? Is that your shop? Those look like old Buick wheels...I want to guess 1970-1973 Riviera?
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
Thank you. Its not my shop it´s where I was working about year ago. I´m a mechanic and thats  american garage. Yes these are Buicks but 76 Buick Lesabre it came to change some engine gaskets.

Reply #3
Nice bird, is that a replacement block?
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #4
Not that I know. Thank you

Reply #5
Nice T-bird:D. How did it get to Estonia?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Very nice, and welcome to the forum. That car must have quite a story to tell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #7
It was for sale in one car sale place. I was looking american hobby car and when I saw it there , my first thougt was: I want it. I was looking it closer and thinking about the price which was in your money 3800 dollars. 2 weeks later I came and bought it. was 12 march 2007 and I had my first american V8 car.
For now car have dual 2.5" exhaust, heddman headers(which is going to be replaced with some normal headers) , flowmaster 40´s, MSD 8.8mm wires, MSD TFI coil, K&N air filter, BBK aluminium pulleys

Sorry about my englis I dont talk english every day.
So you can correct me.

Thank you all!

Reply #8
Quote from: maandy;281422
Sorry about my englis I dont talk english every day.

Don't worry about that, it's no doubt better than many of our posters that use English every day...

You have a nice looking Bird, guessing you get a lot of comments...

BTW, welcome to the board...

Tom

Reply #9
Looks great and it sounds like you're doing a great job! Your English is just fine don't worry about it! Welcome to the forum.

Reply #10
Thank you again. Some more pics.

Reply #11
Wow an LX with leather. That's pretty rare. My 88 LX has leather so your car is only the second LX with leather I've seen on the board.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #12
That LX leather thing I didnt know. So that´s good if I have something pretty rare. Leather is old and shabby, I think next year should have new leather interior.

Reply #13
Didn´t wanna do new thread.
Do I get this right?
If I wanna have new shocks 87-93 mustang shocks will fit?
I wanna put KONI 87411121SPORT so they will fit ?
And will mustang control arms fit?  FORD RACING M-3075-A

Thank you!

Reply #14
Hy again,

So the rust came to me & now it´s time to do some work.
Anyone know where do I get the front fenders & other body parts ?
Some pics