Skip to main content
Topic: red light under my driver seat (Read 1864 times) previous topic - next topic

red light under my driver seat

Reply #17
is it the easy button?
it has to be a 20th only piece
is that a part # or engineering # on
and what does it read/

Reply #18
Ill get the numbers for you man.

Anytime i need inspiration, i go lookat you car,,, its awsome!

Reply #19
so ,,
i also had the matts laminated,, or is should say I had a roll of lamination plastic in the garage.  Figured i might need that stuff one day.

ford pn#s on the rear but no ford pn on the fronts

no foot will ever touch them.

I'm runnin with my laminated window sticker in the rear pass window nowadays also.  I trolled through the local dealership with the sticker facing the sales guys,, they eyeballed the hell out of my car.  More of a "whats that car" kind a look.  Most of them looked really young,like in thier mid / early 20's.

Reply #20
does the car have an alarm system?????? maybe thats the control module for it... or a lo-jack......  them again  maybe the mothership is looking for it again and you've messed with the ford,lincoln,mercury gods =]

Reply #21
God.  I can't believe you guys call yourselves ford fans.  It's obviously the flux capacitor.  Have you been having trouble getting over 88 mph?  The red light means its low on dilithium.  Too bad the government has been phasing out dilithium since the early 90s.  Now you will have to convert the entire system over to trilithium b.  Take it over to a shade tree garage and slip the guy a 50 to fill it back up with the good stuff. 

You can try installing this generic kit.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=28

Good luck!

Reply #22
Came across it in a book, It's the seat control processor. There should be a white test button next to the red light for the module.
It's flashing because you unplugged it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook