Skip to main content
Topic: Transformers 2 (Read 2306 times) previous topic - next topic

Transformers 2

Anybody else have any opinions on the New Transformers (2) Movie..We went to see it yesterday and thought it was okay. I also thought the music soundtrack was great too. Thanks for any replys folks :D

Transformers 2

Reply #1
I am waiting for it to come out on DVD. Not because I'm cheap (thought rest assured, I am) but because the last movie made me physically ill to watch on a big screen. I loved the movie, but it gave me motion sickness. Too much action on too big a screen. I've heard the new one is even worse for this, so I'll save the theatre-goers the trauma of having me retch all over the backs of their heads :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Transformers 2

Reply #2
I loved it. A few scenes feels rushed as far as the computer graphics, but the movie was definitely good enough to overlook that.

Carm, there is more action, but most of it isn't as nauseating as the first. I didn't have issues, but I can see what you mean.

I'd recommend seeing it. I loved it.
It's Gumby's fault.

Transformers 2

Reply #3
Saw it friday night  it was AWESOME  anyone else think it was longer then the first?

Transformers 2

Reply #4
the only thing I didnt like about it, was the fact that it kept going up close during different fight scenes.  to me I want to watch both characters in the battle, not their sides or hips. lol  A lot more comedy too.
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

Transformers 2

Reply #5
Quote from: shameless;280034
A lot more comedy too.
That was my only issue with the first movie: No personalities for the robots, too much attention paid to Sam and his love life. We knew Optimus was a good guy and Megatron was an asshole, but that's about as far as it went.

Shawn: I might yet go, but it'll be once the theatres die down a bit. That was probably one of the reasons I got sick in the first one - it was so crowded I had to sit fairly close to the screen.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Transformers 2

Reply #6
I'd sit clear in the back if you get screen motion sickness.  Yeah all the bots had complete personalities.
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

Transformers 2

Reply #7
there were some movie critics saying skip it b/c it was longer than the first and they went overboard with the CGI.  the only reason why the chick was in the movie, was to get even more fan boy attention.  they said that in the first one, you were on the edge of your seat waiting to see the transformers.... this time it was over kill.

i havnt seen the movie.. but i'd be disappointed if i didnt see a lot more of the transformers.  i think they were hacks as critics..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Transformers 2

Reply #8
It was good not as epic as the first.Go see it by all means don't let a bunch of pompous newspaper writers that might not have the same movie interests as you keep you from seeing a movie. I am just saying i was a bit let down.

Transformers 2

Reply #9
Saw it last night.....I freakin LOVED it!!!

I admit, I cried....and it wasn't over a human!

can't wait for the dvd...hope to get a box set.

oh  and yeah... the motion sickness factor is definitely there.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Transformers 2

Reply #10
Overall everyone said it wasn't as good as the original. I didn't care too much for the original.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Transformers 2

Reply #11
Better than the original and they brought back the original devastator combiner,freakin awesome!!!!
One of the best movies i've ever seen,definetley buying it when it comes out,probably the collectors edition.
The critics are idiots as always,they always make way to much out of movies.
Transformers is based off of a cartoon,bad guys vs good guys,plain and simple,no immense story plot needed although it was still a good story in my opinion.
There will be another,not gonna say why for those that haven't seen it,but there will be, plus it's a major cash cow and will be for quite some time with fans out there like myself.
The only thing that somewhat bothered me about the movie was the un named bots.
They brought back quite a few but there where a few that i would have liked to have known who they where.
Long story short,if you like transformers(toys,cartoons or the movies)SEE IT you'll love it.

Transformers 2

Reply #12
We are hoping for a third one.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Transformers 2

Reply #13
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o;280087
It was good not as epic as the first.Go see it by all means don't let a bunch of pompous newspaper writers that might not have the same movie interests as you keep you from seeing a movie. I am just saying i was a bit let down.

Yeah, I'd never look to a critic's opinion of a movie like this. Critics would pan the movie for too much "rock 'em sock 'em robots" action, while for me that'd be the main attraction. I mean if you expect anything other than robots beating the shiznit out of each other out of a movie based on a 20+ year old toy line featuring robots that, um, beat the shiznit out of each other, you're looking in the wrong place. Which is why I didn't really get into the whole "love" thing in the first one. Spider-Man 1 had the same problem, btw.

Critics also pan movies like Year One for being stupid. Sorry, Mr Ebert, but the movie was MEANT to be stupid! If I wanna see something intelligent I'll see something (recent) from Tom Hanks. If I wanna see stupid Jack Black and Whatsisname Cera will do just fine...

Transformers 2

Reply #14
like i said, these critics were hacks.  i infact had never heard of either of them.  so basically they were nameless tv critics talking bullshiznit out their asses.  im going to wait for the DVD, i cant stand the smell of sweaty people in a packed room.. disgusting.  i havnt been to a movie theater, and felt comfortable, or non-sick at the smell, since i was in highschool..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)