Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Thunderbird with Twin-Turbo 5.0 (Read 674 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Thunderbird with Twin-Turbo 5.0

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1234841167.html
88 Sport, custom white 140 mph gauge, 11 in brake upgrade, stock mustang headers, bassani x-pipe, cherry bomb vortec lers, HO conversion
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1
That thing looks killer
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #2
Check out whats holding the radiator

Reply #3
Hmm, why go through all that work for a blow-thru setup?

CoogarXR
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #4
what is a blow through setup?

Reply #5
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww,that car was not done right.
650 carb,way to small for twin turbo's,hell a lightly modified 302 needs a 650cfm.
Stock 87 heads???? E7, to small even with porting and bigger valves(wasted money).
With a single plane intake that thing would be an absolute dog on the low end until the turbo's spooled,then due to lack of fuel,BOOM,probably why it needs head gaskets.
No way that thing runs anywhere near 500hp,3-350 tops depending on boost.

Reply #6
No way that thing runs anywhere near 500hp,3-350 tops depending on boost.

Agreed.  Wasted cylinder pressure.  Could have made more power N/A if he set it up correctly.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #7
Quote from: kendoo130;279762
Check out whats holding the radiator

It goes well with the piping. If I am not mistaken, he's used PVC!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #8
Looks like Mike Sitar's setup from http://www.toohighpsi.com his was cheap and was VERY fast even with the blow thru setup.

Reply #9
There's nothing wrong with a blow through --- at least when you match your components properly. 

I saw no mention of carb size on the Toohighpsi one, but I DID see this.....

--Barb connection fuel injector for additional fuel under boost, and pressure switch.
-- The system uses two fuel pumps, one mechanical, boost referenced, pump supplies fuel to the carb, and the stock TC, high pressure, in tank fuel pump, supplies fuel to the injector for enrichment under boost. The additional injector supplies fuel at manifold pressures above 4 psi.

I'd love to know how the 650 on the original car was modified, but that site Phux my computer and causes Firefox to lockup.  :rolleyes:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #10
I believe its 500 hp it looks and sounds ugly but ill never doubt twin turbos or any power added at all.