Skip to main content
Topic: I need some parts for my T-Bird! (Read 478 times) previous topic - next topic

I need some parts for my T-Bird!

I need a few little things for my car and one BIG thing! lol

The big thing is a headliner. I either need a tan one in good shape or a black one will work also.

I also needs me an armrest cover bad! Mine is destroyed, then in looks like someone tried to melt it back together. Black in color

I need the plastic piece that covers the back side of the passenger mirrior. Little triangle shaped piece. Someone screwed it down to tight and it split.

The trim piece that goes around the a/c and heat controls and the radio. Mine has a chunk missing out of the bottom.

Thats all for now. Thanks!
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #1
what type for the radio surround? and I'm guessing full console.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
Looks like this:
If you look close at the bottom right corner you can see where its broken.

1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #3
I have 2, they both are not perfect. $22 shipped for either.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #4
I think the one on the left will work. I can send payment tuesday. I have to send Vinnie some money for a lock also. PM me your address and stuff and I will get you a money order also. Thanks
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #5
just an FYI but I redid my headliner myself and it turned out great. You can get the material at JoAnn fabrics for @ $15 a yard...you'll need 3yds. and the glue is from autozone. get the specific 3M headliner glue though. The bitch is cleaning the old headliner of the fiberglass shell.

Reply #6
Thats what Im scared of! lol I wanted to see if anyone just happend to have one before I tried to do it myself. If I cant find one im sure I will PM you asking some questions! lol
Thanks man.

So far I have almost everything I need except the headliner.

93futr2.3 has my armrest
and
kitz kat has my radio bezel
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #7
Use a hand held wire brush and use small circular motions after you pull off the fabric. Do not push hard and watch you do not get into fiberglass. Works great. I have personally done this twice.

Reply #8
I have the mirror piece for you.Just send a note with the money order.No extra charge,I'll just toss it in the package.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
I needed my sons re-done. Was going to do it myself till I went to a auto upholstry shop. I did remove the headliner and took it to them but what they charged was within a few $'s of what the parts were going to cost me and I didnt have to mess with it.

Reply #10
I will check with my new found parts guy to see what he has for headliners.

Reply #11
Quote from: vinnietbird;279290
I have the mirror piece for you.Just send a note with the money order.No extra charge,I'll just toss it in the package.

Thanks. I will get that money order in the morning. By the time I got to the store tonight they had closed the western union machine down.
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #12
Quote from: lakenheath24;279326
I will check with my new found parts guy to see what he has for headliners.

Thanks
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport