Skip to main content
Topic: Betty Lou got a new pair of shoes (Read 1890 times) previous topic - next topic

Betty Lou got a new pair of shoes

So I've been working on my '88, and in the process I swapped out the wheels and tires for a set of Enkei wheels with Yokohama tires. Next comes the a/c stuff and dash swap.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #1
She's purdy man. Always have been partial to the light blue/silver ones.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #2
Betty Lou!  She looks good!
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #3
Looks good.

Uh, square locks and no marker lights in the fender??
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #4
Quote from: Live Fast;278857
Uh, square locks and no marker lights in the fender??

Good eye.  That IS an interesting combo....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
Im learning! lol
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #6
Quote from: V8Demon;278862

Yeah? Hmmmm.....

I do plan on installing the cornering lamps as my parts car has them.

Anyone ever retrofit the keyless entry? Parts car has that too and I was thinking of installing it.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #7
Quote from: V8Demon;278862

My car is the same...
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
Looks good. I like the wheels. Gives it an 80's vibe :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
No picture updates, but work has progressed.

Under the hood: I've re-plumbed the Gillis valve, and mounted it properly. Made a fitting for the Bosch blow off valve, but haven't installed it yet as I am waiting for a few pieces of silicone and a piece of tubing to finish its install. Timing cover is installed, as are all of the A/C lines as well as the condenser. A/C should be finished as soon as my new compressor arrives.

Interior: Seats are out, and I hope to pull the dash today. The a few bits of sound deadening, and in goes the new dash from my parts car. I have been regularly treating the new dash with GoJo, and I can honestly say that the stuff really works to soften the vinyl! I don't think it would help a dash that is really sun scorched, but I do believe it will help a dash that is dry and stiff, but not roasted.

My new head unit should arrive today, a Kenwood DNX6140. It's a double din head unit with a built in Garmin GPS system... Yes!!

The rest of the audio will be some used amps I have, and new speakers all around. the the rest of the donor car interior goes in.

Well, that's all for now!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Reply #10
Sounds like it's going to be really nice when you get it done. The wheels look good too!

Reply #11
the wheels go with the car nice T-Bird
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #12
Hey Bill,  that is one thing I always liked about my old car.  It had a really nice dash.  People always thought I was crazy for putting a sun shade up even in the dead of winter.  I'm guessing it helped.  Good luck with the car and your 442.

J. 

RIP Faded Red 87 TC

Reply #13
Quote from: drj09;282312
Hey Bill,  that is one thing I always liked about my old car.  It had a really nice dash.  People always thought I was crazy for putting a sun shade up even in the dead of winter.  I'm guessing it helped.  Good luck with the car and your 442.

J. 

RIP Faded Red 87 TC

Do not worry, it is all going to a good cause! The combination of the two cars will see many years of service ;)

As soon as I had a chance, I smeared large quantities of GoJo on the dash, which seems to have made it much more pliable. In fact, the "Thunderbird hump" that is always present seems to nearly gone away after the treatment.

How is your little one? How is your other car? Any good pics of it?

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Reply #14
A quick rundown of where we are...

We are still working on readying the house for sale. So far we have re-sided 3/4 of the outside, with only the front left to do. This includes installing a sliding glass door on the back where previously there were only windows. Inside, I am 90% finished in the master bath, with only a bit of painting and grouting left to accomplish. Kristy has been working on packing anything not needed so that the house can be properly "staged" when it goes on the market. It is absolutely amazing how much junk we have acspoogeulated!

The asc has moved on to a new home, so I have some funds for working on its replacement. So far I have undone all of the stuff that was screwed up by previous owners including the installation of new a/c lines and compressor, a manual boost regulator valve, a boost bypass valve, as well as a good tune-up with plugs, cap, rotor, etc.

The entire interior is now out of the car, and I hope to start installing the interior out of my parts car soon. I will also be installing a new Kenwood head unit with Garmin Navigation, coupled with new MTX speakers, and a few amps and electronic cross overs I have laying around.

I have to admit, I am very impressed with the way Ford built these cars. The interior is packed full of sound deadeners and hush panels. I'll be adding a little more here and there, but overall, Ford built one hell of a car when they built these!

Once the interior is in, I will pull the car into the garage for the installation of new "high performance" air-shocks in the rear coupled with new struts for the front. I will also check all suspension components and replace any that are not up to standard. New brake pads and flex hoses will finish that job, and then I will install the new 3" mandrel bent exhaust with a 3" high-flow converter and a set of resonator tips.

Finally, a day with the buffer and a good coat of wax, and it will be ready to have the power moonroof installed. Once that is finished, I'll get her tagged and on the road.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill