Skip to main content
Topic: For Sale 85 Turbo Coupe - In MA (Read 1268 times) previous topic - next topic

For Sale 85 Turbo Coupe - In MA

Well, I hate to do it, but too many projects and some life changes are making it a necessity…

85 automatic turbo coupe. Black with red leather interior, about 90,000 miles. No sunroof, power drivers seat, windows, locks (drivers lock busted). A/C, but needs compressor. Turbo was supposedly rebuilt 2-3 years ago. Motor is bad, knocks and has no oil pressure. Also has a severe case of Auto Ebola... there's oil everywhere.

The leather seats are in really good shape, and if nothing else, there are a lot of good usable parts. With the low mileage on the block, a rebuild could probably be done pretty cheap and easily. The frame on the car is in great shape. The paint is shot, but sheet metal damage isn't beyond repair and definitely isn't as bad as the sport was when I had that done. I’ll get better pics later and add them to the link.

Basically, I’m looking at offers on it. It needs to go and I don’t have the heart to part it myself or send it to the junk yard. Stupid lovable hunks of metal and oil! If you’re looking for a project it’d be a great starting point and if I had a place to store it, I wouldn’t be selling it.

Any questions or offers pm me or e-mail me at crystal@ferdbird.com. It will need to be towed away; I can promise it won’t go far under its own power.

The Car: http://www.ferdbird.com/85tc/85tc.htm Car is in MA

Re: For Sale 85 Turbo Coupe - In MA

Reply #1
That front mount intercooler has got to be worth something...

If you weren't all the way down there (I bet you don't hear that often, living in the northeast :D) I'd consider it just for the interior
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
how much did u want for it? jon

Reply #3
She's going on a "make an offer" basis.

Reply #4
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
That front mount intercooler has got to be worth something...

If you weren't all the way down there (I bet you don't hear that often, living in the northeast :D) I'd consider it just for the interior

Hey Carmen, if I can't sell it, want me to see if I can get the seats (or at least the covers) to you?

If I don't get rid of it by may, parts are up for dibs, and either way, the intercooler's staying with me

And as Brian said, I'm using the make an offer basis.

Reply #5
shiznit and double shiznit!  My hopes got up really high and took a dive all in that one sentence...

"...the intercooler's staying with me" 

Blast you, vile woman!

Reply #6
the ebrake cables and brackets arent the same in that as the 87-88's, are they...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Quote from: shame302
the ebrake cables and brackets arent the same in that as the 87-88's, are they...

Nope.... std drum stuff

Reply #8
Crystal - if you don't sell it whole I would certainly be interested in the seats (or covers). Keep me up to date...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
Nope.... std drum stuff

thats what i thought :(

crystal, tell em all youl throw in a free 87-88 turbo coupe front bumper cover . id realy hate to throw this thing out....lol maybe they will take it from you... ;)

~John~

Reply #10
thats what i thought :(

crystal, tell em all youl throw in a free 87-88 turbo coupe front bumper cover . id realy hate to throw this thing out....lol maybe they will take it from you... ;)

LOL, I have a few of those myself...

Reply #11
Quote from: crystal
LOL, I have a few of those myself...

Just outta curiosty, what are you guys looking to get outta those? I'm looking to put one on my car in the near future. Can't fund it quite yet, but ought to be able to soon. Just looking to gauge prices on them.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #12
FREE...but hear is my listing....http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=2177

~John~

Reply #13
Bah!! Not even a snowballs chance of you being able to ship?
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #14
maybe a little snowball...

sorry for being a threadw crystal... :rolleyes:

~John~