Skip to main content
Topic: Google Maps Street View and your car (Read 1262 times) previous topic - next topic

Google Maps Street View and your car

So how many places can you guys find your car on Google Maps' Street View? Go to google maps, punch in an address, and click on Street View. I just realized today that my car's actually in two places. I can't think of any other places to look - it's not at work while the parking lot shows that my work's location was done on a business day.

Looks pretty  good representing itself on Street View.

1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #1
Sounds like someone took a little joy ride while you were working! lol
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #2
Here's my work truck
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=3200+S+2910+W,+Salt+Lake+City,+Salt+Lake,+Utah+84119&sll=37.579413,-95.712891&sspn=38.542121,79.101563&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=Fa4RbQIdupdT-Q&split=0&ll=40.721632,-111.978042&spn=0.009074,0.019312&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.721626,-111.977939&panoid=2Y8ZBC5u_JLjztsXALqySw&cbp=12,194.99,,1,7.16

I can't to find any of my cars and any real point in time when I lived there. Every house I have lived at in the last couple of years has an empty driveway, and every apartment has different cars. I'm guessing I wont find any of my cars.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
I couldnt find any of mine either....Some streets it wont let me go down, maybe they havent updated those streets yet?
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #4
We live too far out in the boonies to have our house pictured....seriously.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #5
All I get is a far away satellite view with 3 other houses. but the picture is so old, my cougar may be in the driveway in front of the garage. the only white car we ever had back then, and taken off the road in 03. I can't figure out how to grab that pic though. (on a mac)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
I too live in BFE nowhere and its too fuzzy. *sigh* no one takes Iowa seriously.

Reply #7
My house is pictured,but they don't have a street view for my block.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #8
you can look at it from the link here

Where I live

Everything around me is grape vineyards and trees LOL.

Here is where we used to live...up the road. The house that is to the South East of the arrow.
Our old house

If you move South of either place you can see the gorge...this is where Roger and the boys and Keely go hiking all of the time..... there is about 2 miles between the two houses.

This is where I grew up The house isn't there anymore....but as you can see....there is nothing around thre. The nearest neighbor was 1/4 of a mile away. Now you all know why I don't like cities. LMAO
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #10
None of mine...they don't go down gravel roads lol

Besides, mine have been in either my garage or the big shop anyway.

I did have it installed for awhile, was kind of a time-killer to go looking for all my friends' vehicles.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #11
Same problem I had, My house is on a gravel road. I can go to the street next to mine and look back and see my house but no cars at all in the driveway? Cant find the date of when they took the picture. I know the thunderbird wont be on there. Must be a pretty old pic because my house is still blue and its been painted white for about 6 months now.
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #12
I think the pics are roughly about a year old. I saw a car my buddy owned last summer, but he got rid of it in September, and it was parked in front of his place. Might be different for other areas though..I dunno.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #13
They only got a dreary picture of my SC.  Cougar must have been in the garage.
X

Bing has a crisp picture but it must be before I bought the house (as long as I've owned it, its always had cars in the drive).
X

Reply #14
Quote from: Seek;277807
So how many places can you guys find your car on Google Maps' Street View? Go to google maps, punch in an address, and click on Street View.

-WHAT?!?!?  and show the cops/feds all that contraband and the funny tall grass that grows out back?????:hick:    nah...Alabama's not even a place where aliens look/land for test subjects anymore;)....though I think some of the people around here have been taken before.....lol:rollin:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool: