Skip to main content
Topic: I saw a nice 1949 Ford today... (Read 596 times) previous topic - next topic

I saw a nice 1949 Ford today...

On my way to the bank to pull out some cash to go to Pull-A-Part, I seen a maroon 1949 Ford restored to immaculate condition pulling into the parking lot near the bank. I was so inspired that I am more excited about the restoration I am doing to my 1984 Tbird.

Looking at that old 1949 Ford reminded me of the many similarities in shape the 1983-88 Tbirds have to those old cars with the rounded forms, thick pillars and clean bodysides. As a matter of fact I remember back in 1982 when the 1983 Thunderbrid came out that I thought it looked a lot like the 1949 Fords. Keep in mind then, everything just before 1983 was boxy and the aero look of the 1983 Tbird was quite a statement and sensation. After a couple of decades, these cars certainly stood the test of time with distinctive yet still beautiful styling that sets it apart from the modern heard of look alike cars of today. Like so many classic Fords, the Fox Tbirds and Cougars make a statement of their own.

Reply #1
My parents took their Honeymoon in a new '49(My dad borrowed it from his mom LOL)...

Reply #2
I'd have to label that as a restomod since it's had the hood ornament and door handles shaved. ;) Where's the excitement in doors that actually stay latched around corners? :D

I want his hubcaps though...

Reply #3
Quote from: doodaa;278029
I'd have to label that as a restomod since it's had the hood ornament and door handles shaved. ;) Where's the excitement in doors that actually stay latched around corners? :D

I want his hubcaps though...

I never noticed that on this picture. However the picture is not the car I seen. I just found it because it looked like the one I saw. An old feller was driving it and it certainly looked stock.