Skip to main content
Topic: Zero oil pressure (Read 3361 times) previous topic - next topic

Zero oil pressure

Reply #30
Well I didnt use assembly lube cause I didnt build this engine, as I said in my original post (I think) I got this whole engine from a member after he pulled it from his car. Lifters and pushrods and rockers are not okay because they dont exist :p

Anyway. As it turns out, the shaft was actually COMPLETELY missing. Whats f'ed up is that little locking ring that is supposed to hold it in was still laying in there. Only thing I can imagine is that the shaft was stuck to the bottom of the dizzy shaft when he pulled it (he kept his diz) and he was able to yank it out hard enough to pull that ring off the shaft. New shaft was $7 at the zoo.

Sooo all is well now, except... I think I did trash the cam. Theres still a good bit of noise from the top end. So my guess is I prolly trashed the bearings up there since they deal with the most friction.

At least the car is pretty much drivable though. Cam and followers and bearings in the top end is easier to replace than a total rebuild.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Zero oil pressure

Reply #31
Quote from: bhazard;277414
Well I didnt use assembly lube cause I didnt build this engine, as I said in my original post (I think) I got this whole engine from a member after he pulled it from his car. Lifters and pushrods and rockers are not okay because they dont exist :p

yeah, your village idiot reports to work sir:punchballs:
shows you how much i pay attention to the 2.3.

Zero oil pressure

Reply #32
Yeah the poor thing never gets attention.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust

Zero oil pressure

Reply #33
Does the RR cam use hydraulic lifters (or followers, or whatever you OHC guys call 'em)? If so you may have simply collapsed 'em from running with no oil pressure, and they may simply need to be pumped up again...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Zero oil pressure

Reply #34
Im hoping thats the case.

Zero oil pressure

Reply #35
The correct term for the 2.3 lifters are lash adjusters... Works same as a lifter but doesn't move, just keeps a constant pressure on one end of the rocker...

Zero oil pressure

Reply #36
The correct term for the 2.3 rockers are followers... I believe they do roughly the same thing :p