Skip to main content
Topic: custom hood place? (Read 2207 times) previous topic - next topic

custom hood place?

i have heard there is a company that can make any type of hood for 87-88 tbirds and cougars. does anybody know what place im talking about and point me in the right direction.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

custom hood place?

Reply #1
yes,, I am fully aware of this.

I also know the company name.

can you help me remember it:rollin::rollin:

custom hood place?

Reply #2
hairy glass makes the stock hood in fiberglass.

Started typing it up, then noticed its already on coolcats.

http://www.coolcats.net/modifying/hoods.html
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

custom hood place?

Reply #3
i know of coolcats, i have looked at those hoods on coolcats, but i have heard of a place that makes svo hoods for birds and cougars.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

custom hood place?

Reply #5
I hope you know of coolcats,your on it lol.
Their's also one called Ron's custom thundercat hoods,i think it's in Dunnville Ontario lol

custom hood place?

Reply #6
is "Ron's custom thundercat hoods" on the web? i havnt been able to find it.

custom hood place?

Reply #7
Quote from: dominator;275390
Their's also one called Ron's custom thundercat hoods,i think it's in Dunnville Ontario lol

I just got that. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

custom hood place?

Reply #8

Quote from: quicksilver;275663
is "Ron's custom thundercat hoods" on the web? i havnt been able to find it.

Maybe I should make Ron a website ;)

By that dominator meant, Ron as in 1WLD BRD from the board here. He makes custom hoods, you should have a talk with him ;)

custom hood place?

Reply #9

LMAO!  that was funny....  That reminds me....I gotta get cracking on another cobra style heat extractor for this car....  He Shawn, how is that one I made you holding up?:hick:

custom hood place?

Reply #10
Hahahhahahahahaha I thought for sure that would be got right away hahahahhahaha.

custom hood place?

Reply #11
LOL me too. It's funny you actually google it. That was awesome

slightly OT

Reply #12
Has anyone any experience with Showcar's quality? 

That integrated front end has some possibilities.  It's probably not a TC nose though, right?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

custom hood place?

Reply #13
Hell, 1WLDBRD, you make me a heat extractor style hood, Ill drive up there to pick it up.  As long as you help me get it on the car, you can keep my stock TC hood too. LOL
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

custom hood place?

Reply #14
Quote from: Blackout;276640
Hell, 1WLDBRD, you make me a heat extractor style hood, Ill drive up there to pick it up.  As long as you help me get it on the car, you can keep my stock TC hood too. LOL

well I made one for Tbird232 and delivered it to him at last years CJ. LOL.  we just traded hoods and a bit of cash.  still havent heard back from him as to how it is holding up though.....  I know he was happy with it.

I gotta find another stock hood to make it from.