Skip to main content
Topic: Turns out there was a leak. (Read 1604 times) previous topic - next topic

Turns out there was a leak.

Reply #15
Quote from: thunderjet302;274951
Duct Tape? :mullet:

HEY.....If you cant duck it!!!!..............FU(% it!!!!!!!!!!!

UMMMMM Wouldnt RPM's be more important to a boat???????????? i mean the faster the blade turns the more water "moved",.... but just cause ya got 500hp behind it doesnt mean youre movin 500gallons of water...... just thinkin...
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #16
Quote from: massCougarxr7;275630
HEY.....If you cant duck it!!!!..............FU(% it!!!!!!!!!!!

UMMMMM Wouldnt RPM's be more important to a boat???????????? i mean the faster the blade turns the more water "moved",.... but just cause ya got 500hp behind it doesnt mean youre movin 500gallons of water...... just thinkin...

look into props (blades)  they come in different ratios.  you can put a 500hp motor in a boat with a torqy prop and only top out at 65.. change to a less aggressive prop and you can top out at 100.  most are direct drive so basically think of the prop as rear gears in a car. 

also if im not mistaken, marine engines cranks rotate the opposite direction.  ive heard of this from oval track guys running them to have the rotating mass rolling to the left rather than the right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #17
Rotation is the same because the engine in this boat is out of an old malibu because the original engine was cracked because of improper winterizing. The prop rotation is determined by the stern drive. There are right hand and left hand drives that each turn opposite directions. I worked at a sterndrive manufacturer for 4 years and all the engines spin the same direction. ;)

Reply #18
Quote from: lakenheath24;274746
man that sucks.
B-Bust
O-out
A-another
T-thousand

true that.

money pits.

family bought a small size boat just so we can hit the water in the summer..nothing special, a 19 foot century..older boat, but boy was she fighting the entire time about actually staying water worthy.

Reply #19
Quote from: andrew beedle;275522
The engine was nothing special, just a 260 horse 350 small block chevy engine. The only chevy I have.

Twin turbo 5.0? ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.