Skip to main content
Topic: Oh  (Read 2091 times) previous topic - next topic

Oh

I hate when this happens... Surprise!!!

\
 So it's been draining for almost 24 hrs now.

All I know is.... It's gonna suck to fill again.
Of course I have to buy a new liner first. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Oh

Reply #1
Thats no good....

Oh

Reply #2
You shoulda seen mine LAST year. 

I guess we're on the same wavelength.  I opened mine up Thursday....Still a wee bit cloudy, but no green.  Gotta vacuum out the bottom a little and add some water clarifier. 

I made the mistake of over-shocking it last year after opening it up and seeing BLACK.  Got it to cloudy, but the cloudy wouldn't go away.  Too much chlorine in suspension that would not dissolve.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Oh

Reply #3
I'm actually still trying to open mine (not quite as fancy as daminc's, mine is a 27-foot above ground). It was as green as daminc's at first, but after a few weeks of filtering it and pumping the chlorine to it it finally changed colour to a pale yellow, but is still very cloudy. I think like Paul I overdid it on the chlorine. This is a new experience for me, as I converted it to salt water last year which seems to have an entirely different type of algae (a much more stubborn variety). I actually spent today making a solar heater for it - I'm sick of only getting two months' worth of swimming in each year.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Oh

Reply #4
...oh, and if you wanna see black water, try filling your pool from a river. That's how I filled mine when I put it up. I pumped the water through 1500 feet of 2" fire hose with a vertical lift of about 75 feet from river to cottage, it took DAYS of running the pump 24 hours/day thanks to the pressure drop - the water was barely trickling more than a garden hose by the time it got to the pool. The river water was like black coffee. Took two weeks to clear, and it cleared in the most unusual way: after two weeks of not looking like I was making any progress, I went outside one morning and it was crystal clear :hick:

BTW, I heartily recommend salt water with an automatic chlorinator. I did not have to add any chemicals to the pool at all last year after the conversion. The chlorinator works by using electrolysis to break down the NACL into NA and CL. It also breaks the H2O down into H2 and O2, so it gives off bubbles. I don't know what happens to the NA, but the CL levels were perfect all summer. I used water softener salt (about 1/10th the price of pool salt and more pure), so the water was also really... um... soft as well.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Oh

Reply #5
I've heard good things about having salt water in the pool.
I also have an inline chlorinator to keep the green glow down. LOL
I gotta say I never expected the liner to be laying on the floor when I opened it up. It has come loose in the previous years, but the water pressure always held the liner to the walls. oh well, it was time for a new liner anyway.
Filling should be fairly cheap because I have a well that I can get the water from, and I'm ready for the water to turn bright red because of the high iron content in it. Unfortunately it's still going to take days to fill even with a 1-1/2" hose. 30,000 gallons is a lot of water man. but at least I won't have to pay town sewer tax. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Oh

Reply #6
Cool...Pool Party at Jerry's this summer!!! :D
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Oh

Reply #7
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;273939
Cool...Pool Party at Jerry's this summer!!! :D

BYOB

Bring Your Own Bucket. (to help fill)

We were thinking of maybe having a small get together, for the members within the immediate area, sometime in the sumer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Oh

Reply #8
Actually, we are thinking about doing that too...but we don't have a pool! lol
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Oh

Reply #9
Just pulled the cover off our pool (Family's at my Grams) today. Easiest the cover has EVER came off. Since I know my luck that means something else is wrong.

It was only about 3/4 full at the most this year. Seems a lot lower than usual. Grams insist it was from all the rain weighing the cover down and pushing it out. I am leaning toward a slow leak (that is where my luck come in).

Good luck to you Jerry. Liners are never fun. First time I have ever seen an in-ground with a liner that I can remember or noticed. It will all pay off when you can sit next to it with the grill going and a cold beer.
1986 Cougar LS

Oh

Reply #10
Do you have any hydrants nearby, Jerry? A $100 donation to your local fire dept would probably have that pool filled within  afew hours...

Oh

Reply #11
Quote from: daminc;273942
BYOB

Bring Your Own Bucket. (to help fill)

We were thinking of maybe having a small get together, for the members within the immediate area, sometime in the sumer

SOOOOOOOOO....... would I be considered "immediate" to youre area?????? id love to see the vert, and evoloution,... and just plain SHOOT THE SH*T with ya!!!!!!:hick:
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Oh

Reply #12
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;274053
Do you have any hydrants nearby, Jerry? A $100 donation to your local fire dept would probably have that pool filled within  afew hours...

They can't do that anymore, because it takes a truck and men out of service if there was a real emergency.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Oh

Reply #13
Quote from: massCougarxr7;274055
SOOOOOOOOO....... would I be considered "immediate" to youre area?????? id love to see the vert, and evoloution,... and just plain SHOOT THE SH*T with ya!!!!!!:hick:

I'm not sure 10 hrs away is considered immediate. Is it? :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Oh

Reply #14
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;274053

Here they will fill your pool up one time for free. Some people I work with that have them (pools)  illegally fill them up through a hydrant at night.......Since we work on hydrants and fire sprinkler stuff we have plenty of firehoses and hydrant wrenches at our disposal. I really don't agree going that route but everyone had their own values lol. Good luck with your liner:punchballs:
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII