Skip to main content
Topic: New Member here! New thunderbird owner as well! (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

New Member here! New thunderbird owner as well!

My name is Jay and I live in NC
Just bought my first thunderbird. Its an 88 5.0 With an automatic. So far mods are flowmasters and a b&m shift kit but more will come as I learn more about thunderbirds and where to find parts. I have owned 27 foxbody mustangs, 79 and 80 trans-am, 72 chevy super cheyenne truck, couple of ford falcons, 87 iroc camaro, but currently in the Garage:

1971 split bumper camaro, tube chassis, 640ci big block w/8-71 blower, alcohol injected. pretty fast i guess

1988 t-top mustang (never ending project) currently has no running gear. had plans on going big block but decided to build a 408 windsor

1977 Ford LTD Landau, 460 w/C6 BIGGEST car I have ever seen! lol

And finally as you know by now, 1988 Thunderbird 5.0

Still learing all the different models/styles of a thunderbird but its all pretty close to a fox mustang. Will also be looking for some small random interior parts and HEADLIGHTS!!! I need some bad! I cant even drive the car at night! Thats pretty much it....looking forward to meeting and chatting with some of you guys!
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #1
Welcome aboard. We won't hold to much against you for the bowties in the stable.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
haha I know I know
The only thing still on it that GM made is the door handles and the headlight/tail lights! lol

Here is a pic or 2

1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #3
Hi and welcome, you've defenately come to the right place to learn T-Bird, there's alot of info on here. Your camaro is bad-ass!!!

Reply #4
welcome aboard.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Welcome aboard man. I bet that Camaro screams!

Reply #6
Twenty-seven fox mustangs?!  Wowzers.  Bet you've got quite the stash of parts!  Welcome.

Reply #7
All that cool stuff and you have a fox t-bird hmm...Cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #8
Cool stuff, but no way the LTD weighs three tons(I've had one)...

Yeah it's probably close to 5000lbs, with a wagon going around 5200lb...

Reply #9
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;272968

i like different stuff, plus everyone has a mustang now a days.
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #10
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;272985
Cool stuff, but no way the LTD weighs three tons(I've had one)...

Yeah it's probably close to 5000lbs, with a wagon going around 5200lb...

thats what it says on the inside of the drivers door?? all i know is it aint light! lol
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #11
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;272903
Hi and welcome, you've defenately come to the right place to learn T-Bird, there's alot of info on here. Your camaro is bad-ass!!!

I was told this was the place to learn! Have heard good things about the site. Been lurking around one here for a few days checking out stuff and I finally decided to join. Looking forward to meeting everyone
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #12
Quote from: Ifixyawata;272967
Twenty-seven fox mustangs?!  Wowzers.  Bet you've got quite the stash of parts!  Welcome.

yeah it adds up over time, i have an entire spare bedroom full of stuff! Found an aluminum driveshaft for an AOD fox mustang but it wont work in the t-bird huh? I would think its too short.
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #13
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;272968

like to get my hands on a maverick or comet.
thats what i was brought home from the hospital in as a baby
pops had 2 of them, a maverick and a comet. 1st one was a comet that he wrecked, he got away from the police department went home and pulled the motor out of it and stuck it in the maverick. it was a 302 with a 4 speed. he rolled that car 8 times he said and he drove the maverick for another 10 years! lol
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #14
Quote from: Live Fast;273019
yeah it adds up over time, i have an entire spare bedroom full of stuff! Found an aluminum driveshaft for an AOD fox mustang but it wont work in the t-bird huh? I would think its too short.

The tbird drive shaft is specific to cougar and tbirds only as far as i know. One thing that some people have done here is a poice interceptor driveshaft or AWD aero star drive shaft.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com