Skip to main content
Topic: Door weatherstripping for door glass 86 Cougar (Read 843 times) previous topic - next topic

Door weatherstripping for door glass 86 Cougar

:oldcougar::My weatherstripping that wipes the door glass as you roll the window down needs to be replaced. Where can I buy this part at?

Reply #1
try this web site. http://www.restorationspecialties.com since i need the same thing for my 1983 t-bird.so i found this site. hope this helps.

Reply #2
Try this. http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=8961 That has got the info you need. Wish we had a better way for this stuff to find you instead of having to search for it. Oh well we can hope.

Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #3
J/C whitney has it.  it is referred to as Style 43 weather stripping at their website.  it is universal so you'll need to cut it down to size.  cougarcragar's thread has detailed instructions and pictures.  saved me alot of trial and error........as does this website in general!!

Reply #4
I read somewhere that Whitney's has a generic type that can be trimmed to our cars. Please don't quote me on this but I'm 95% positve

Reply #5
Quote from: mikejustis6;272338
:oldcougar::My weatherstripping that wipes the door glass as you roll the window down needs to be replaced. Where can I buy this part at?

Thanks, to everone that gave me the information I needed to try to find my weatherstripping.

Reply #6
Would anyone know where to find the weather stripping that goes around the doors and trunk lid.

Reply #7
steelerubber products has our cars listed. i have a catalog but can't find it at the present time. they don't have everything but i do remember that they had the door and trunk seals. i'll try to find it in the next few days while i'm home.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]