Skip to main content
Topic: Oppurtunity knocks.... (Read 1372 times) previous topic - next topic

Oppurtunity knocks....

Am I up for it though?

Read: 

Pauly,
Dave informed me that you might be interested in working a deal for the use of your car to run Super Stang at the NMRA Atco race coming up.  My twin turbo car is awaiting the new stroker engine and I am needing to keep up with the points in the class for the championship.  Here is what I offered on the S197forum message board.

I will pay for.........
Entry fee for car/driver
Entry fee for you and a one other person for the weekend.
I have two hotel rooms paid for and you are welcome to one of them for free.
Prize money in this class is not much but we can work a split on any winnings we might end up with.

The class is full of S197 cars and usually draws quite a bit of media coverage in NMRA's RacePages, Muscle Mustangs/Fast Fords, 5.0 Mustangs, etc.  Should we get into the finals there would be plenty of photo coverage of your ride.  As a two time world champion I can say that I will do the best I can to make sure we get as many round wins as possible.  Let me know if you are still interested in working a deal.  I appreciate the interest.

Thank you!

SD Wheeler
2006/2008 FFW Ultra Stang World Champion
ShadowLands Racing
Cragar - Exile Turbo - Strictly Performance

My only concern is breakage.......Thoughts?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #1
Are you on corral at all/much? That guy....I've heard stuff before.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #2
My only concern is breakage.......Thoughts?
Drive it like you hate it ;0)
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #3
Unless this guy is a friend of yours and you are trying to help him through the season, I would not do it.

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #4
bring the cougar instead.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #5
sounds like fun but if you dent it im sure your wife will have your neck

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #6
you dont have to race stupid, i'd do it and be conservative.  im sure the other drivers would be thinking the same thing.  just dont get used to jumping into a corner too fast, be conservative on the outbreaking, and pay attention. simple.  this isnt a do or die race.  or is it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #7
See the thing is I wouldn't be the one driving.  Believe me if I were, this would be a no brainer.  Basically it boils down to what would be a loan.  After corresponding with him through a mutual party it's not happening.

Here's why:  I asked about breakage.  I was told that's part of the game.  Fair enough if I were driving my own car, but if I'm helping to keep you in a points race where you can make maoney and you wreck my shiznit you think you don't owe me?

Yeah.  I told our mutual acquaintance to tell him to stuff it, basically.
Other guys who have been in points type classes I know agree with me.  One told me I'd be "out of my mind" to do it.  I took his advice.

I'll break my own shiznit thank you very much....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #8
Quote from: V8Demon;270741
See the thing is I wouldn't be the one driving.  Believe me if I were, this would be a no brainer.  Basically it boils down to what would be a loan.  After corresponding with him through a mutual party it's not happening.

Here's why:  I asked about breakage.  I was told that's part of the game.  Fair enough if I were driving my own car, but if I'm helping to keep you in a points race where you can make maoney and you wreck my shiznit you think you don't owe me?

Yeah.  I told our mutual acquaintance to tell him to stuff it, basically.
Other guys who have been in points type classes I know agree with me.  One told me I'd be "out of my mind" to do it.  I took his advice.

I wouldnt do it either. Tell him to go get a rental then. LOL.
1986 Cougar LS

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #9
You know what?  If he rented a car and messed it up you can bet yer ass they'd sue him or hold a judgement against him ;)

Heck, depending on what state and the papers he signed they might be able to press charges.

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #10
Quote from: V8Demon;270744
You know what?  If he rented a car and messed it up you can bet yer ass they'd sue him or hold a judgement against him ;)

Heck, depending on what state and the papers he signed hey might be able to press charges.

Thats part of the game:rollin:
1986 Cougar LS

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #11
Ah, i had read it and for some reason interpreted it as you, driving your own car. Makes more sense i guess re-reading it and that would definitely be a no go...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #12
Sometimes the things people suggest boggles my mind.  Who would even for a moment consider letting somebody else drive their machine?

If it's getting put on it's roof, I'm putting it there.  I'm not watching it ed up that way from the grand stand...who does this turd think he's fooling...

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #13
Quote from: V8Demon;270741

effin aye! and im  good at too!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Oppurtunity knocks....

Reply #14
Like I said this doesnt surprise me too much...I've heard shiznit about "SD Wheeler" and not good....
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane