Skip to main content
Topic: Post up your "to do" lists... (Read 10748 times) previous topic - next topic

Post up your "to do" lists...

Ok, so spring is here and Summer is just around the corner. This means that many of us will be busy getting projects done before the snow flies again. I have a whole lot of projects that I've got to do, and few of them have anything to do with the T-Bird (after three years of slumber, it will be driven this year). I know I'm not the only one who's got a busy summer ahead, so here it is: Post up your summer project plans, either car related or not. Let this thread stand as a progress meter, where you can brag about how much you got done, or hang your head in shame about how much you didn't get done. Upgrade your posts as you complete your projects.

My projects can be broken down into three categories: "must be done come hell or high water", "I really SHOULD be doing this", and "Would be nice to find the time".

Under the "MUST BE DONE" section:

• Build new bench in the garage and set up tools Dad has given me over the past several Christmases (DONE)
  • Gather, cut, and split 8 cords of hardwood (DONE)
  • Build a dog run so I can let the dog out without confining him to the patio (DONE)
  • Build a box garden around the patio (DONE)
  • Paint (stain) the patio, dog run and garden box (DONE)
  • Rebuild the firebox in the wood furnace (needs new fire brick and framework to hold it together) (DONE)

• Tile the bathroom (my brother, a tile installer, should be doing this for me, but after 3 years I'm tired of waiting) (DONE)
  • Tile kitchen backsplash (DONE)

• Build my waste oil stove for the garage (DONE)
  • Special top-secret project that has nothing to do with cars or the house but must be done, details of which won't be released until it's done (Phase one about 90% finished as of October 3, projected phase one completion date pushed back to Oct 18-ish)
Under "I really should be doing this"

• Build a small utility trailer for hauling behind the ATV (the body of the trailer will be a 200-gallon oil tank, I already have the axle, springs, etc)
  • Build a shed for storing ATV's and lawn equipment (I think I may have access to a fiberglass 7X16 cube van body with roll up door to use for this purpose)
  • Install a wood stove either in the living or dining room (the wood furnace works OK but I don't like having a fire going unattended in the basp00get)
  • Replace the garage doors
  • Build a roof over the patio *In progress as of July 5*
  • Replace the front door on the house (the current one is 100 years old - nice to look at, but terribly inefficient)
Under "Would be nice to find the time":

• Level out an area of the yard to install an above ground pool, even one of those blow-up jobs would be nice
  • Get new gravel for the driveway to prevent the mud bog I had here this spring
  • Upgrade the engine in the T-Bird to HO specs - I have all the parts except the cam, but this is low priority right now because I want to DRIVE it!
  • Finish drywalling the office, a job that was started 3 years ago
Obviously some of these things can be prioritized. For example, I need to get the firewood now but can pick at cutting/splitting it over the summer, and the dog run/garden would be nice to have finished ASAP as well (I'll be starting that this weekend), but the waste oil stove can wait until later in the year, as can the tiling, which can be done regardless of weather.

So there you have it. My very busy summer plans. Note that all of this is stuff I need to do for myself, so it doesn't take into consideration things that my family wil want me to do for them (repair broken vehicles, etc). I've just laid it all out publicly, so I'm obligated to at least get the "must be done" stuff finished.

Let's hear how busy you guys will be...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1
Well since you asked here goes......
MUST BE DONE>>>
Fix temp problem on LS....
Start and finish H.O. conversion, to xr7
Put in new trans
Put dash and heater core back in (xr7)
FIND A BETTER PAYING JOB!!!!! (this one should be first)
Finish fixing the blown headgsket on 2003 nissan sentra (seR)
Pull motor and trans from 86 monte  (helping my buddy redo his engine bay)
Finish painting my xr7

Would be nice to find the time to....
get into some fine detail work on the xr7.....
fully inspect and undercoat undercarrage
Go through all suspension related bushings/ and replace them....
Kick back and enjoy myself......
Be absolutly sure i can make it to CJ!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #2
Mine isn't nearly as interesting but here it is anyway.

[SIZE="5"]Must be done[/SIZE]
1. Put new windows in house.
2. Start kitchen remodel.
3. Figure out where my tub leaks (into basp00get)

[SIZE="5"]Would be nice to fine the time to....[/SIZE]
1. Get the neighbor to stop tearing up my alley in front of my shop.
2. Put new fuel pump in the 85 and get it running.
3. Fix rust damage.
4. Start teardown of 302.
5. Sand down body and prep for paint.
6. Paint the car.

Reply #3
[SIZE="5"]Must be done[/SIZE]
1. Screen door on back porch.
2. Vinyl siding on rear wall of master bedroom (about 12 foot wide by 10 foot high area)
3. Re-seal blacktop driveway & fill in crack with tar block.
4. Replace through the wall skimmer on the pool. 

FWIW I already have all the materials for 1-3....Gotta go get the skimmer.  Something on that  pool breaks EVERY year :mad:

[SIZE="5"]Would be nice to find the time to[/SIZE]
1. Wainscoating/chair rail/re-paint master bedroom.
2. 2 step rev limiter in the Mustang
3. 3.73's in the Mustang -- 11's here I come :hick:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
Here's my task list.  I consider every small thing a priority.  It's part of my A.D.D.

-Put an exhaust fan in downstairs bathroom
-Clean/service the dryer
-Finish the entrance from the garage to the house.
-Rip out the front stoop and replace sidewalk.
-Tint the windows on the garage door.  Limo Shade!
-Install pressure gauges on the house water supply.
-Rebuild the juke box.  Needs some wires soldered and a new needle.
-Finish organizing the garage.
-Level out the back deck.  (the post fell off the concrete holder) *Done*
-Build and install doors for the shed so I can use it for storage.  I did this!
-Build a new cage for my sugar gliders.
-Clear and remove trees, fence, and junk around easp00get. (Coming along nicely.  I will be in stump grinding phase soon.)*stump grinding was completed.  Onto bobcat/topsoil and grass seed phase
-Fix the tailgate on the truck so it opens using the handle.  *DONE* Then I broke it again!Then I fixed it again!
-Fix the wipers on the truck because they drive me crazy.
-Frame out the shower that I've been installing in the basp00get bathroom.
-Finish repairs to the old Stevens 820B shotgun.
-Paint the house to match the front siding.
-Repair/paint the shed to match the house. 1/2 done!
-Paint the basp00get so it's no longer PINK!
-Fix the gutters on the front of the house so they drain properly. DONE sorta! (Still need to replace pipe to the road.)
-Redo the driveway.
-Fix up the T-bird.
-Run black pipe for compressed air.
-Build a picnic table
-install a hammock.

Hot Jobs!!!
-Kill all carpenter ants.  DONE!
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #5
i like this idea....maybe if i put it out here ill get some of it done.

MUST DO:
  • finish the turbo swap on the ranger so i dont hafta drive the tbird this winter **DONE**
  • find a reliable, "real" job **DONE**
  • have the septic system pumped and inspected

SHOULD BE DOING:
  • repaint the wood exterior parts of the house
  • cut, trim, weed, generally care about the landscaping of my property **DONE ENOUGH**
  • service the water heater

WOULD BE NICE TO DO:
  • move the small evergreen that is currently in the projected area for my new shop building
  • dyno and tune the tbird
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #6
MUST DO:
  • Fix the 99's drivers door window
  • New Bumper cover for the 99

SHOULD BE DOING:
  • Looking harder for a new job
  • Looking into colleges

WOULD BE NICE TO DO:
  • 3.o tt swap for the 99 + manual
  • Have the 87 working

Reply #7
Must be done:
  • Work as much as possible, including valeting a few nights
  • Sort though and Organize all my parts (I have no bedroom left)
  • Pay off one or part of my smaller Student loans
  • Figure out where and when I can transfer from this Bible Camp of a school

Should be done:
  • Remove and clean all interior- Removed, cleaning and repairs in the process
  • Seal and repair floors
  • Finish new grill

Would be nice:
  • Rims for the SHO
  • Sell all my parts off
  • Win the lottery
  • Have any time/money for the Cougar

Only thing holding me back is time. If I have the time then Im not at work so I dont have the money. Destructive cycle. Im sure my list will get longer.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
Mine's simple....Survive the Depression.
1987 TC

Reply #9
Quote from: DVP;269886
Start secret project

Ooooh, a secret! We must know!

Reply #10
There's not enough room on the internet for my list right now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #11
Must be done

Pick up Harleigh at the end of June.
Buy stuff for CJ auction
Attend CJ

Hope to get done
Cut down on clutter around the house
have a lot of picnics
Kids need jobs
Sbook for Jacob

Yeah, I know...not a huge list. But, it seems like I am always doing stuff, whatever needs done as it needs done.  Not too many big jobs to tackle.

Must be done before next winter
Body repairs on the 30th, and repainted
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #12
Quote from: blu84302;269875

-Paint the basp00get so it's no longer PINK!

When I bought my house I had to paint EVERY room.... They were all pink except for one bedroom.  Even the front siding was pink.  I redid that last summer.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #13
Should read what I won't get done.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #14
Quote from: V8Demon;270043
When I bought my house I had to paint EVERY room.... They were all pink except for one bedroom.  Even the front siding was pink.  I redid that last summer.

That's funny, when I bought my house the master bedroom was pink and the sun would come in and make the whole upstairs look pink.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +