Skip to main content
Topic: New to the Club (Read 1866 times) previous topic - next topic

New to the Club

Hey whats up everyone, Ive been lurking around this site for a while ever since I found out I was getting a t-bird. Ive recently aquired a 1984 thunderbird 5.0 elan edition. Its got 100,000 kms on it, yes thats right kms. I got it from my grandma who drove it once or twice a week for the past 5-6 years. She bought it new in 84 and has kept it in mint condition. I hope this forum is just as good as a couple of the others I am a part of.

Re: New to the Club

Reply #1
sounds like a good find thats for sure.
Welcome to the board

Reply #2
Ah, another "Lower Mainlander".
You realize that we need pictures, right? Otherwise you don't get to learn the secret handshake.

Oh, and we'll need to know your address, where you park the car, and ummmm... what time you go to sleep.  :grinno:
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #3
Howdie!!!  Finding a car in great shape is an excelent place to start.  What plans do have for it if any?

Reply #4
Right now my first priority is getting it on the road, I almsot have enough for insurance. The 1st things I want to do is suspension, so lower it, put on some sway bars. Then if I can find some heads of an 87+ H.O. motor ill swap those in. Pretty much the basic stuff untill I find a better way of making money. Hopefully this car will be a long running project and in a couple years it will be where I want it. I kind of want to turn it into a lowrider, but I havent quite decided yet.

Reply #5
my car has about 200,000 miles on it, and it still runs like a champ, after I get it to start again. I let it sit for a couple of months, and it just quit giving me spark :toilet: . I will get that fixed in the next month. Just waiting for my next check. I am think of making that one carbed and doing away with alot of the electronics and shiznit. I have another cougar that only has aound 125,000 miles that runs fine. So I will make my cheap one my project car.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com