Skip to main content
Topic: 87/88 Bird Trunk Lid (Read 385 times) previous topic - next topic

87/88 Bird Trunk Lid

Does anyone have a trunk lid for an 87/88 Bird that is rust free under the lip and straight?

We bought a parts TC that had one on it, used it on my son's TC that got hailed on, decided to fix up the parts TC, found another nice trunk lid, installed it on the parts car (new project car) and it got hailed on too. :mad:

If you live between Minnesota and Indianapolis, I could pick it up as I will be heading that way soon. I would consider shipping if someone would pack one up and if it didn't cost a million dollars to send. Thanks.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

87/88 Bird Trunk Lid

Reply #1
I have one but it's bolted to my T-bird :hick: I'll check the yards around here and see if I can find a good one. When are you heading this way?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

87/88 Bird Trunk Lid

Reply #2
i have a white one in perfect shape...florida car so no rust. I'm in Floribama though.

87/88 Bird Trunk Lid

Reply #3
Quote from: thunderjet302;268748
I have one but it's bolted to my T-bird :hick: I'll check the yards around here and see if I can find a good one. When are you heading this way?

Ha ha, I know that lid is nice because I have seen your car and the whole thing is nice! If you can find a rust free lid in a Chicago area yard, it would have to be from out of state. Chicago is one of the few places where the cars have more rust than Minnesota. I will be coming through on Sunday May 3.

Quote from: lakenheath24;268762
i have a white one in perfect shape...florida car so no rust. I'm in Floribama though.

I'll keep that in mind. If I can't come up with one, it may be worth shipping (if you want to mess with shipping). Thanks, Mike.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

87/88 Bird Trunk Lid

Reply #5
I'll let you know by Wednesday the 29th if I find something.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.