Skip to main content
Topic: aftermarket Tails (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

aftermarket Tails

I used the search engine, but couldt find anything, does anybody know of anyone that makes an aftermarket tail light for an 86 bird?
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

aftermarket Tails

Reply #1
Nope.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

aftermarket Tails

Reply #2
Do you have a broken one or are you doing something different? I have a set from a 85 T/C that are in pretty decent shape

aftermarket Tails

Reply #3
We are lucky to be able to find decent used parts.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

aftermarket Tails

Reply #4
Quote from: vinnietbird;268663
We are lucky to be able to find decent used parts.

I've noticed. lol  what about tail light covers? lol
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

aftermarket Tails

Reply #5
fraid not buddy.

aftermarket Tails

Reply #6
If you're good with a spray can (and I mean good), you can try some 'Nite Shades' on your taillights. It's a transparent black paint that provides a "smoked" effect on transparent or translucent materials. The opacity is controlled by how much paint you apply; one or two coats gives you a light tint while 4+ coats will black them out.

It's easy to screw it up if you're not skilled with using spray paint, and the stuff seems to get more expensive every day. Plus, it's becoming somewhat hard to find.
I'll attach some shots from my past projects. I blacked out the taillights on my '88 and lightly tinted the taillights on my '96.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aftermarket Tails

Reply #7
Quote from: cougarcragar;268699
'Nite Shades'
 it's becoming somewhat hard to find.

Maybe in your area but we stock it at the parts store I work at. Sell about a can or more a week. $12.99/can. 

Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

aftermarket Tails

Reply #8
Quote from: ipsd;268733
Maybe in your area but we stock it at the parts store I work at. Sell about a can or more a week. $12.99/can. 

Stuckman

Never have it up here either. Sure I could have them get it for me though. Dont know what I would use it on though...
1986 Cougar LS

aftermarket Tails

Reply #9
Quote from: DVP;268752
Never have it up here either. Sure I could have them get it for me though. Dont know what I would use it on though...
That part number you need to have them order it is SP999
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

aftermarket Tails

Reply #10
yeah  tail lights for these things are harder to find then gold.  if your looking to darken them, try your local body shop and see if they'd tint them for you.  they'll mix a lil black paint into some clear and shot them. or what ever color youd like. My buddies been tinting taillights this was for awhile now  since they make like no tail light covers for any real vehicle anymore

aftermarket Tails

Reply #11
Quote from: ipsd;268795
That part number you need to have them order it is SP999

Thank you sir
1986 Cougar LS

aftermarket Tails

Reply #12
I came across some stuff called clear effex, it looks like it would work just as well,... ill pick up a can and try it on some s lights, and post up the results...
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!