Skip to main content
Topic: Low and Slow (Read 1973 times) previous topic - next topic

Low and Slow

Finally got my car off stands today.

Well a lot more of a drop than I thought. Still running my P/S for now. All kinds of bs is holding me back on that.

Before

Fresh off the jack (which got stuck under)

Time to fill out those rear wells....

Running the 14's on front til I get the alignment. I hope they hold on that long.

The popping I was hearing, not the ball joints, must be the tie rods.

Hope I dont have to get CC plates... Think I will though. Bump steer is up next too.

Its going to look sick when I have all the rims on it.
1986 Cougar LS

Low and Slow

Reply #1
glass front end.  Sick.

Low and Slow

Reply #2
Looks like a 2" drop!  Lke the stance.  Driveway approaches will take on a new awarness!

Low and Slow

Reply #3
Quote from: 86T-bird;268035
Looks like a 2" drop!  Lke the stance.  Driveway approaches will take on a new awarness!

Yeah, they are putting street sewers in though my neighborhood right now too. Creep everywhere. Only sped once, hit my driveway too fast at the wrong angle. I have always babied my car over bumps and level changes so it isnt too hard to adjust.

Have to do the rack and tie rods ASAP. Ends  out grease and are very lose. When I twist them the slop all around. Glad I got the offset bushings now, who knows how much they will help with the tie rod angle though.

Also have a squeaking coming from my pass side. Sounds like the spring creaking. Think it is that plus something. Leaning toward A arm bushings.

Feels so good to e back in my car. Even if it isnt done yet.
1986 Cougar LS

Low and Slow

Reply #4
Looking good!! :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Low and Slow

Reply #5
Looks great. :burnout:
Did you cut down the front bumper cover to blend into factory sides? It flows so well.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Low and Slow

Reply #6
Quote from: cougarman;268097
Looking good!! :D

Thanks! Wait til I get the grill on there

Quote from: Romeo2k;268101
Looks great. :burnout:
Did you cut down the front bumper cover to blend into factory sides? It flows so well.

Nope. Didnt change a thing. Had some ideas for skirts to run my side exit but I dont think I am going that route anymore.... Have a much larger, involved plan now.
1986 Cougar LS

Low and Slow

Reply #7
Looks good man, can't wait to see the finished product!
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Low and Slow

Reply #8
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;268103
Looks good man, can't wait to see the finished product!

Hope your around in 20 years....
1986 Cougar LS

Low and Slow

Reply #9
Love the front veilance on that car, makes me wish mine was driveable right now. I need to rebuild a motor, find a tranny, weld new steel in, sand/paint my car, etc., etc. I really like your car man.

Low and Slow

Reply #10
Drop looks good.  Imagine seeing that front end in your rear view mirror...it says "get out of my way or I'll spin you into turn 4!"

Low and Slow

Reply #11
Picked up 2 10 holes with tires for $10 yesterday since the 14's were about to bust, seriously.

Only problem is they are 265/50s... A little rub on the strut cover, and bumps arent fun.

Should have the rack today and alignment is soon to follow. Then I can have matching rims again.

Ill grab some pics today. Looks odd having wider tires up front than out back.
1986 Cougar LS

Low and Slow

Reply #12

Letters rub the dust shields on the struts. Hard braking+turning rub really bad on fender, dips they rub the fender.

Wish this dude would hurry up with my rack.
1986 Cougar LS

Low and Slow

Reply #13
your car is coming along VERY NICELY. a trick i found about gettin in driveways with my front carbon fiber lip is to drive into the driveway like your going to drive right into the grass.. once the second front tire hits you can turn and pull in like normal.  also its nice to find the places you can drive in parking lots without dead policemen... (speed bumps)

i havnt gotten around to it yet, but the true way to save the front end from sing is to back into driveways.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Low and Slow

Reply #14
Quote from: ~AC;268598
your car is coming along VERY NICELY. a trick i found about gettin in driveways with my front carbon fiber lip is to drive into the driveway like your going to drive right into the grass.. once the second front tire hits you can turn and pull in like normal.  also its nice to find the places you can drive in parking lots without dead policemen... (speed bumps)

i havnt gotten around to it yet, but the true way to save the front end from sing is to back into driveways.

I have always driven like that to avoid any possible sage. Nothing too different other than avoiding all speedbumps. Once I get my other tires on front the rubbing will go away and I shouldnt have too many more issues.
1986 Cougar LS