Skip to main content
Topic: Full digital cluster, or at least digital speedometer cluster (Read 282 times) previous topic - next topic

Full digital cluster, or at least digital speedometer cluster

Hello, it's starting to look like I have a faulty speedometer module in my full digital cluster, 85 Tbird. I'd love to get my hands on a replacement cluster, but realize these are a little harder to find.

I repair aircraft electronics for a living, so I'm pretty confident that I could pull the speedometer from a standard (digital speedo/buttstuffog instrument) cluster and solder it into mine. It's probably the same module inside both clusters. If I can't find a full digital cluster in a few days, I'll probably just go with a standard one to yank it.

Let me know what you guys have! Zip is 44240

Full digital cluster, or at least digital speedometer cluster

Reply #1
I found a place in California that can fix digital speedometer clusters for around $100. My 3rd cluster went out last year on my 88 Cougar (mpg, trip, average speed, etc.) But I haven't had time to take mine out & send it there yet. I was going to just get one at a junk yard like you were saying. But for what they cost, the chance of it going out, & the mileage would be different, I think it would be better to have your original one fixed.. One of the junk\s yards I was looking at online, told me about this place that can fix it. As soon as I find there number or website, I'll give it to you. Good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1988 Cougar XR-7. My parents specially ordered this car with every option accept leather seats in 1988. I bought it from them in 1998 & since then have installed American Racing wheels (still have factory mag wheels in boxes), ceramic coated headers into dual Flowmaster 50 series lers with single into dual stainless tips, 4 row radiator, B&M Transpak, converted to Mass Air with cold air intake, etc..