Skip to main content
Topic: Fox bird plays hard at 24 hours of lemons (Read 1238 times) previous topic - next topic

Fox bird plays hard at 24 hours of lemons

Reply #1
lol that looks like fun!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #2
I live right next door. definitely gonna enter with the T-Bird.

Reply #3
Uh, you do realize the cars basically get beat to death right?

Reply #4
Yeah, don't enter with anything you actually care about. Check out some of the rules and penalties that come along with cheating or poor sportsmanship.

This is in a response to the Lemons team, who offered the D3 a Nonsporship deal, where Lemons would cover up the names of those motor companies not wanting people to associate their py $500 cars with the company who built them. Ford seems to be the only one who took them up on it. :D

One Mustang won the People's Curse award, which goes to the team chosen by the crowd and nominated by either the BS Judges or the opposing teams who think the team spent more than $500. A date with some heavy machinery.

http://jalopnik.com/5199325/the-mob-has-spoken-the-superkak-racing-mustang-gt-must-die

I wonder how long he would have lasted if it started raining, with those directional tires mounted backwards.

Reply #5
Haha, good point. I missed that when I looked at that the first time.

Reply #6
Best. Race. Series. Ever. End of story.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #7
I'm not concerned about damages.  The whole point behind building my car is to drive it.  If I can say I beat the bejesus out of my thunderchicken at the LeMons 24 hour, that'll be a story I can tell my grandkids that few other people will be able to tell.

As it stands, I've got 2 other peeps going in with me, but we wont be using my bird.  We're gonna find another one for 300ish somewhere around town and start stripping it down.

Reply #8
Make sure you dospoogeent everything! Sell whatever parts you can to keep the cost under $500. If you don't have a receipt for those old turbines (example) you sold to your neighbour, it didn't happen. If you can't prove every penny spent or saved, you'll end up with a car in pieces. :D

One of the penalties in the race is called the Taiwanese National Anthem, where a six tone car alarm is put somewhere in your car, out of reach, that will cycle through all six alarms until the next time you have to leave the track, with a giant flag of Taiwan flying from behind. That T-bird at the top obviously did something wrong. I bet you would be half deaf by lap three.

Reply #9
Seems it would be an expensive proposition.  I've contemplated doing it, but IMHO to do it correctly would require 5 people and about $4500 total.

Items listed in the safety category are not included in that $500 price, but it seems the mandatory required items are increasing more and more each year....A $500 car really isn't a $500 car anymore.  I can understand why someone may be upset over the car getting crushed after Laying $2000 in safety equipment and a couple of hundred hours of labor into it....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #10
Did you by chance notice the comment by someone that racing say a Neon can cost around the monthly payments of something like a Porsche? That to me says racing is a little to pricey anymore. I have always wanted to do something like this, in fact Grassroots Motorsports has something like this with a higher allowance on cash each year this year is the $2009 challenge and next year is the $2010 challenge. Make sure you read the rules very thorough they punish for near anything and often times its hilarious!

Reply #11
thats alsom

Reply #12
I noticed they will be racing at Nelson road course. I know exactly where thats at, maybe I'll try to go and get some footage!
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost