Skip to main content
Topic: 5.0 HO or modded turbo coupe (Read 608 times) previous topic - next topic

5.0 HO or modded turbo coupe

im looking to buy turbo coupe that is either modded with an upgraded turbo and some supporting mods or a turbo coupe that has done the 5.0 HO swap. must be a manual. my friend and i are willing to drive 600+ miles out of seattle washington to get it.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #1
looking to pay up to $4500. but it must be in heck of good shape for it
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #2
With that budget you should be able to find a nice one.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
yeah, thats what im looking for.

Reply #4
I have a wrecked 87 TC with a 5.0 conversion. It is built too, motorsport crate motor gt40X aluminum heads, gt40 intake, 24ib injectors, long tube headers, 2.95 world class t5, plus many more good parts but the its not really fixable. I also have an 86 elan that this was all going into that has 70,000 original miles. I was going to make a replica of my first tbird but now i might sell it all. There is over 10 grand in the drivetrain on the TC. I would sell both cars for 4500 but you would have to put together,lol
2015 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel

1986 Thunderbird Elan 302 Crate, x303 heads, e cam, 24lb injectors, gt40 intake, WC T-5, TC rear w/ 3.55 gears, CHP control arms,cobra r wheels.

5.0 conversion

Reply #5
i am plaining on doing a 5.0 swap into an 87 tc tbird i would appreciate any wiring info you could give me or any other trouble i could run to
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
anybody selling any turbo coupe?

Reply #7
This one on Ebay looks pretty nice. It's in Spokane.

http://tinyurl.com/msa763

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #8
sell the 140 speedo, then take 200 to 300 off the price.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com