Skip to main content
Topic: NOS 1985-88 Dashboard (Read 1573 times) previous topic - next topic

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #1
I'm all over it!  Please don't bid me up guys and gals.
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #2
Well since you asked nice and I was only going to keep it for a spare I will bow out. Good luck

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #3
:)

Thank you.  I don't care what the rest of the board says about you... you're not half bad.

But really.  Thank you!
===85BIRD===

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #4
-now i'm not one to rain on parades, but have you called on this thing????  how exactly are we sure its NOS????  not to say it isnt, but the part number he gives is an engineering number off of the part, and its no where right.  the service part number would be on the box, only, ususally.....just dont want you to get took on this.....;)    oh, and also, it says 85-88 and yes it will fit those years, but there was 2 different blues shown in the master catalog. one, part number E5SZ-6304320-B used in 85 and 86, discontinued in april '91 and part # E7SZ-6304320-B discontinued august '97.  they may be so close it will be un-noticable, but just thought i'd pass it along if it could help you.....:)
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #5
Quote from: shorangerbird;264890
-now i'm not one to rain on parades, but have you called on this thing????  how exactly are we sure its NOS????  not to say it isnt, but the part number he gives is an engineering number off of the part, and its no where right.  the service part number would be on the box, only, ususally.....just dont want you to get took on this.....;)    oh, and also, it says 85-88 and yes it will fit those years, but there was 2 different blue shown in the master catalog. one, part number E5SZ-6304320-B used in 85 and 86, discontinued in april '91 and part # E7SZ-6304320-B discontinued august '97.  they may be so close it will be un-noticable, but just thought i'd pass it along if it could help you.....:)

Have you noticed there is a vent on there? Its odd that would be on a NOS part. That would be something you'd have to order separately. I'm sure its used.

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #6
Where's my umbrella!

I did contact him via email prior to bidding.  He assured me it was a NOS part and that there are no scratches, ses, or holes in it!

!!  I hope I'm not getting played!  GD internet.

Oh, and I'll be dying it canyon red anyway... so the color is irrelevant.  But this thing had better be new!!!
===85BIRD===

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #7
the top part looks all puckered for some reason. or is it just my screen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #8
I never knew these dashes came in spray-painted smurf blue.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #9
Quote from: daminc;264917
the top part looks all puckered for some reason. or is it just my screen?

+1

It looked really puckered on my screen too. It must just be the angle or something.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #10
The seller appears to be a salvage yard from looking at all the other item's for sale....
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/carfinds_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

252 items....many of them large body panels.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #11
I am going to be getting a refund on this item.  The seller inspected the item more closely upon my request, and sent more pictures.  There are two flaws on this item:

===85BIRD===

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #12
Yeah we called it I guess. Good thing you asked him to look it over.

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #13
Thanks everybody.  Sometimes if it seems too good to be true......  yep it is.
===85BIRD===

NOS 1985-88 Dashboard

Reply #14
Nothing against the seller, but that flaw in the middle of the dash appears to be awfully easy to see. That's pretty noticable. I guess some guys either don't get what's important to potential buyers or else don't care. I drove three hours into Iowa for a car "with a good dash" myself. When I got to the place, there was a huge split down the center of the dash. When I pointed it out, I was told, "Well, there's just the one crack in it. The rest of it is really nice."
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car