Skip to main content
Topic: HO Fuel Injector Woes (Read 1551 times) previous topic - next topic

HO Fuel Injector Woes

So this weekend I made some progress and had some setbacks as well on tearing down the 5.0 HO. 

One problem I had was that when I pulled the injectors I found that on 4 of the 8 the "caps" on the end of the injector are very brittle and are broken.  :punchballs:  I was at the parts store getting some oil earlier today and they said they couldn't get a rebuild kit for them.  Ideally what I would need would be a kit with all new orings and pintle caps for all 8 injectors.

Does anyone know where a guy could find something like this?  I did a few searches and didn't seem to find much...tried ebay with minimal results.  I figure anyone that has done a HO swap has probably run into this problem so thought I'd ask.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #1
For the price of used great condition sets of injectors on eBay, corral, stangnet and the whatnot, I really don't see why you'd want to rebuild an old set.

Case in point.  I sold a set of 19's a while back that only had roughly 5,000 miles on them.  I purchased them brand new a little more than a year before  I sold them.  I got $50 for them and I dare say I was lucky.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #2
got mine at O'Reilly auto parts. it's about $2 per kit(1 injector)
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #3
same here, O"reilley's!! about $2 per injector
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #4
Boneyard........ find somthing thats been hit good,and check the mileage, thats what im doing for mine......
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #5
The caps are only to prevent damage to the pintle during handling/installation, if you want to be real cheap, use the injs without them...

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #6
I did at one point on a few of my injectors,worked for me.
However if oriley has the kits just do that.

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #7
I found some on ebay a while back.  Wasn't too expensive.
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #8
Napa, ebay, they are all over.
Mike

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #9
The caps are only to prevent damage to the pintle during handling/installation, if you want to be real cheap, use the injs without them...

I thought about that.  I really don't see why they would be necessary other than when you are installing the injectors. 

same here, O"reilley's!! about $2 per injector

I may try O'rielly's...we have a new one close to me but the people that work there are morons.  hopefully they will be able to figure out what I need.

Most likely will try NAPA...thanks guys!!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #10
Try this http://www.oreillyauto.com/EW3/ProductDetail.do?id=1527360607&line=BWD&itemNumber=274081&categoryIndex=1&didSearchFor=Injector&vehicle=1988FORDTHUNDERBIRDSPORTV8-302%20%205.0L&bid=1237984590559&cycleCount=1662¤tPage=0
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #11
I get my rebuild kits from a guy on Ebay.Mr. Injector (I believe).They come with spacers,pintle caps,o-rings,and filters,and extra pieces just in case you lose something..I have some extra pintle caps (new ones).I also have a set of rebuilt 19# injectors in the classifieds below.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #12
Quote from: vinnietbird;263924
I get my rebuild kits from a guy on Ebay.Mr. Injector (I believe).

Ive used him also, no problems.
Mike

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #13
Quote from: mcb82gt;264036
Quote from: vinnietbird;263924
I get my rebuild kits from a guy on Ebay.Mr. Injector (I believe).

Ive used him also, no problems.

He also sends free candy with every order.....REALLY !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

HO Fuel Injector Woes

Reply #14
Quote from: vinnietbird;264081
Quote from: mcb82gt;264036

He also sends free candy with every order.....REALLY !!!!

Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two
The Candy Man, oh the Candy Man can!