Skip to main content
Topic: 5.0 Swap in 87 Turbo Coupe (Read 810 times) previous topic - next topic

5.0 Swap in 87 Turbo Coupe

I'm thinking of doing the swap of a 1990 5.0 - 5 speed from a 1990mustang into an 87 turbocoupe. I know I can use a v8 thunderbird harness and adapt it for the mass air, at least I think this can be done. Does anyone actually make a harness for this swap? I'm in the Toronto area. Also, can I use the 1990 computer module from the mustang or do I need an 87/88 computer module from a mustang or thunderbird?

Reply #1
Use the Thunderbird harness and the Mustang computer.I got my mass air conversion kit from Ebay for about $30.00 or so.The '90 Stang computer should be fine with the Mass Air upgrade.I have a reman. A9P in my car right now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Hey another guy in the t.o.
It can and has been done by several guys on this site and many others.
I did it with my 87TC.
Look up my write up on the 5.0L swap,it is the most complete i think you'll find.