Skip to main content
Topic: Did ya'll know Earnhart Sr. drove a Ford? (Read 998 times) previous topic - next topic

Did ya'll know Earnhart Sr. drove a Ford?

Reply #2
the box even says monte carlo LOL

Reply #3
Quote from: DVP;261927
First car was a Ford. And PINK! 1956 Ford Victoria

http://www.diecastcarcollectibles.com/images/collectibles/Large/earnhardtpinkk2.jpg

Well whattayaknow! I messsed around and learned something today....  I knew Louis Chevrolet drove a Ford but never knew Earnhardt did too. My Pop had a black and white '56, apparently they were good running cars.

http://www.modelt.ca/speed-fs.html

Reply #4
he even drove a t bird it was the number 15 wrangler car back in 83

Reply #5
Jeff Gordon drove a Tbird when he first came to NASCAR....till Hendrick "stole" him away to Chevies...he drove the baby Ruth car.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
yeh the reason the car was pink was b/c the paint looked red in the can but dried pink.  he said #*@k it and raced with it like it was.  im sure its happend to lots of people too.

Earnhardt Sr was the craziest SOB ever to sit behind the wheel of a car.  a guy got spun out infront of him while he was leading a race at i think it was richmond..  he got mud sprayed all over his windshield to the point he could hardly see.  instead of coming into the pits to have it cleaned like any other rational person... he popped the window net, climbed out of the car and sat on the window seal portion, steering with his right arm and whiped the mud off the windshield with his left arm.  then climbed back in and took the green flag and i believe won the race.  FYI they have film of him doing this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #7
Quote from: ~AC;262130
yeh the reason the car was pink was b/c the paint looked red in the can but dried pink.  he said #*@k it and raced with it like it was.  im sure its happend to lots of people too.

Earnhardt Sr was the craziest SOB ever to sit behind the wheel of a car.  a guy got spun out infront of him while he was leading a race at i think it was richmond..  he got mud sprayed all over his windshield to the point he could hardly see.  instead of coming into the pits to have it cleaned like any other rational person... he popped the window net, climbed out of the car and sat on the window seal portion, steering with his right arm and whiped the mud off the windshield with his left arm.  then climbed back in and took the green flag and i believe won the race.  FYI they have film of him doing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3gxK3FDCQg
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
Dale Sr. is still the frickin' man...
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #9

exactly.  :burnout: can you find the race he started nearly dead last and won the race in about 15 laps or less? :evilgrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)