Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out 86 Cougar (Read 1813 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #15
Quote from: DVP;262457
I would look around here and price stuff. It will give you a better idea of what we pay for stuff. Hope it helps.

I looked around for a little bit, but I don't get that much time off. I am in the Army. I figured if it was going for that much on E-BAY that was the going price. Now I know there are asses on E-BAY so I will entertain all reasonable offers.

:cheers:
Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #16
the car im restoring now. i only payed 300 for it lol and u want over 100 for tail lights lol:rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #17
Thanks for the support. If you have nothing good to say shut the hell up. I will let the whole car go for $900.00 Of course you are only 20 so you have all of the experience and knowledge life has to offer. Grow up then come back with something useful.

Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #18
well i know what im talkeing about with theis cars i have 3 of them. just because im 20 means i dont know anything. im not the one that looks at ebay to get a price on parts and think 100+ is a good price for them. and the one i got for 300 looks mint to what your trying to sell for 900
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #19
Well good for you. Get out enjoy life and learn a thing or two. Maybe join the Army and put yourself to the test of what you will do when faced with a life or death situation.

P.S. Learn some punctuation it helps.

Greg

P.S.S.
If you really want to do this take it private. Obviously I have a lot to learn from you.

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #20
dude what every go back to your ls1 site. and just so u know i would not join the army
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #21
OK, lets get back to letting this guy sell his parts. We just went through this 2 weeks ago. It's not our place to bash his prices.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #22
i was not bashing his price just trying to get a point to him and used the car i got for 300 as a point then he just strated to give me bullshiznit about it and prety much telling me that im to young to know anything i cant stand guys like that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #23
I dont see the problem here.  The guy came here trying to sell some parts and was trying to get higher than our average for them.  He was informed the prices were too high and he apologized and said he would take any reasonable offer.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #24
Thought this place was usually pretty civil, what happened. Heres a quick quiet idea, if you think his proce is to high.... dont buy it, bash it or even respond to it.

Now for my ? what radio is in the car and does it work? I would need it shipped to 14701. Thanks

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #25
Hellsing73, dude take a chill pill if you think it's too expensive don't ride him about his price. He said he'd entertain offers, isn't that enough? Rockzo6 you are more than welcome on here. In case you've been overseas thank you for all you have done.

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #26
Quote from: 86XR7project;262542
Hellsing73, dude take a chill pill if you think it's too expensive don't ride him about his price. He said he'd entertain offers, isn't that enough? Rockzo6 you are more than welcome on here. In case you've been overseas thank you for all you have done.

X2

Hellsing, I think you need to read up on some stuff here;

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=4

You are not playing by the rules. You have 3 of these cars.... Ok? I could be wrong but didnt you total 2 of them? Dont talk shiznit on anyone. He has done nothing wrong and now understands that ebay can be over priced. Your not going to buy anything anyways so why do you care? Stop shiznitting on his business.

Greg, you are more than welcome here and the parts will help us all as they are getting harder and harder to find, plus there is such a low demand. I apologize if a village idiot would happen to offend you. The people that are in the market for these parts are going to see you are willing to work with them.

So now back to the selling.:burnout:
1986 Cougar LS

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #27
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #28
Quote from: Dansbirds;262517
Thought this place was usually pretty civil, what happened. Heres a quick quiet idea, if you think his proce is to high.... dont buy it, bash it or even respond to it.

Now for my ? what radio is in the car and does it work? I would need it shipped to 14701. Thanks

I took the radio out about 10 years ago when I first got the car. I think I have it in my garage and if memory serves me it is a cassette player. I will look for it this afternoon and let you know if I still have it. It did work when I took it out. You can have it for $5.00 plus shipping if that is cool.

Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #29
Greg, the admins are keeping an eye on this thread in case it gets out of line again. Sometimes it just happens but it seems to be a lot more civil here now. If you have any problems you can always PM the offending person or the admins (or both). But if things go awry again we'll be forced to lock down the thread.

Just FYI: I check eBay every single day of my life for Cougars and related parts. There are about 20 different search strings that I use. For some reason, some of the pricing for common parts has gotten way out of hand lately. There is no justification for it...maybe some people are down on their luck and need cash badly, or maybe they got quotes from salvage yards and are matching them, maybe it's an overdose of spring fever...it's hard to say, but the bottom line is that some things are definitely not priced fairly. It may be best to not use eBay for references when parting our your car because of this phenomenon. I have paid $100 (or more) for a taillight before from eBay. But it was NOS in the box. There's the big difference.

If you'd like to know what something is worth and cannot get a good price range from either eBay or our message board, you are always welcome to PM me. I've got a little bit of experience with these cars. :)