Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out 86 Cougar (Read 1810 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out 86 Cougar

I am sort of new to the Cougar forums but have been a member of LS1tech and Corvetteforum for a while. I am parting out an 86 Cougar. It has the digital speedo. The body is in fair shape. The doors are rusting on the bottoms. The engine is the 3.8 CFI and has spun a bearing. Let me know what you are looking for and I can get pics if needed. Car is complete just a bad engine. I will take all reasonable offers. I am located in Watertown, NY 13601 so you can estimate shipping. Like I said just let me know what you need.

Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #1
could i get a pic of the header panel and front bumper???
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #2
both tail-lamps? shipped to 04330
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #3
you'll get alot better interest with pictures.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #4
Thanks for the interest. I will get pics up today.

Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #5
Pics are posted. If anyone needs to see more let me know which ones and I will get them posted.

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #6
Quote from: 86Tbuzzard;261984
both tail-lamps? shipped to 04330

I'll take $175.00  They are in very good condition.

:cheers:
Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #7
What!? Yikes.

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #8
There are 4 on e-bay for $105.00 each. I fthe price is too high make me an offer. I normall use e-bay to judge the going prices and drop some dollars off of that.

Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #9
I can get a pair for around $50 out here. Well count me out...

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #10
Quote from: rockzo6;262201
I'll take $175.00  They are in very good condition.

Greg

i'll pass, i can get them cheaper from another yard
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #11
rockzo6 man dont every use ebay to get a price for parts on are cars. the retards on ebay always want more than they are worth. and why would u think they are worth that much any ways?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #12
Quote from: hellsing73;262395
rockzo6 man dont every use ebay to get a price for parts on are cars. the dumass on ebay always want more than they are worth. and why would u think they are worth that much any ways?

:rules: Uh, you may want to reread the rules.

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #13
Ok

After taking the "what are you thinking" here I will entertain all offers from members here. I am not looking to get rich ooff of this car. The only thing I have to go by is E-BAY and what my wife paid for some of the parts 4 years ago. I appoligize if it seems like I am a money hungry ass.

Greg

Parting out 86 Cougar

Reply #14
Quote from: rockzo6;262450
Ok

After taking the "what are you thinking" here I will entertain all offers from members here. I am not looking to get rich ooff of this car. The only thing I have to go by is E-BAY and what my wife paid for some of the parts 4 years ago. I appoligize if it seems like I am a money hungry ass.

Greg

I would look around here and price stuff. It will give you a better idea of what we pay for stuff. Hope it helps.
1986 Cougar LS