Skip to main content
Topic: Just bought an 87 TC with a v8 conversion (Read 2464 times) previous topic - next topic

Just bought an 87 TC with a v8 conversion

Ok long story short, I have been looking for parts here and there for my 86 tbird elan. Doing a 5.0 swap and t5 and all. I found a 87 turbou coupe that had a v8 swap done in 99. was a beautiful car and was just wrecked. I picked it up and it has a gt40 crate motor, gt40 intake, worldclass t5, new spec clutch, tons of good parts. This puts me soo much closer to doing my 86. It also has BLACK LEATHER interior with the grey inserts which I know is rare as I have looked for that ever since I had my 83 heritage. I will be selling some TC parts that I wont use. I will keep you guys posted. It also has nice centerline billet wheels on it. I also have an appraisel from the car in 1999 for 28,000. Whisch I feel is bs but the guy backed it up with receipts. I guess when the swap was done it was done with all NEW motorsport parts?
2015 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel

1986 Thunderbird Elan 302 Crate, x303 heads, e cam, 24lb injectors, gt40 intake, WC T-5, TC rear w/ 3.55 gears, CHP control arms,cobra r wheels.

Reply #1
We will need pictures soon.Make it happen..................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
:ttiwwp:

Reply #3
Quote from: 86sonicbird;261684
I also have an appraisal from the car in 1999 for $28,000.

Receipts or not, I would have loved to see the appraisal company give the guy $28K for the car after they appraised it for that much money. He may have had that much in it, but there is no way he was going to get that much out of it. Either way, it sounds like you've got some nice parts. I agree with the others above, post up some pics!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #4
i may need a pass. side fender with corner lights if possible..... nice score tho....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #5
I am not sure if the pass fender is ok, Ill have to check.
I will get pics as soon as my computer will upload from my camera.

I agree with that appraisel, it was for stated value insurance status. My whloe point to it was is this guy baought everything brand new then and the swap was a clean one.

1986 Thunderbird Elan 302 Crate, x303 heads, e cam, 24lb injectors, gt40 intake, WC T-5, TC rear w/ 3.55 gears, CHP control arms,cobra r wheels.

Reply #6
Here are some pics, Hope this works,lol

Reply #7
Sweet score man!!!!!!!!! did you drive it or am i misssing something...... How much would you want for the fender if the mount on the bottom is in tact???? you can pm if you want....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #8
Nice score, that thing even has the tubular intake on it which can go for pretty big bucks.

Reply #9
ya it is all gt40, aluminum heads. It is too bad it washiznit so hard, but will go on the 86.

The pass fender has a dent in it, Ill get a pic of it for you. I dont know if it would be usable. The pass door has a dent but the bottom is perfect not one once of rust?

Reply #10
I didnt drive it off of the trailor,lol. I bought it wrecked

Reply #11
If you're parting it, someone will probably want that speedo.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
Are you rebuilding or parting it out?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
Cool find. Hope it all gets used.

Reply #14
-mouth waters-
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily: